We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Targeted Amex Offer: 20,000 Membership rewards bonus with Furnitureland South
I’m going to be completely honest with you…I’d never heard of Furnitureland South until I got targeted for this Amex Offer. Then I went to their site and HOLY COW! This place is one BEAST of FURNITURE store. They have amazingly beautiful pieces and I even did some research and confirmed that they will SHIP ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. The best part of the deal is if you spend $1000+ by the end of July you can get 20,000 Membership rewards when you pay with your registered Amex. That deserves one big B-YAH
The offer: Remember with all Amex Offers you must “add to card”
Miles I don’t want any furniture. They also do mattresses. Apparently you’re supposed to get a new one every 7 years. That explains the 7 year itch!
And they will ship anywhere in the world. Cherry confirmed this via chat.
Ok…enough about furniture. What can I do with 20,000 Membership Rewards?
That’s a great question. Personally I wouldn’t spend just the 20k, but rather bank them until I could redeem them for some great business and first class products.
Like flying intra-asia on EVA Royal Laurel for just 27,500 SingaporeAir Krisflyer. We wrote how that’s a great sweet spot and Dave ( my best bud) and I did it from Taipei to Saigon on New Years. BYAH!
OR SAVE THEM to redeem for Singapore Suites. Only 50k from Beijing to Singapore.
Just had an INCREDIBLE experience in the Suites for my mom’s surprise trip around the world. You should all do a surprise trip – they just make you feel soooooo good 🙂
Or Maybe transfer them to Aeroplan to fly to Europe on Lufthansa First Class. Just 70k.
Or just 55k Membership Rewards transferred to Aeroplan will get you in business to Europe. Perhaps you’ll go to London On Air New Zealand.
This could be a great opportunity to earn a grip of points and some nice things for the house. Lemme know if you take advantage!
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.