We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
If you’re like me, you’ve placed your fair share of Amazon orders over the last few weeks. Not only have they announced they will hire over 200k people, but Amazon stock is soaring to record highs. Many have been able to get 20% orders by applying a single Amex point, and I was watching STTP insta story and saw you can now get 5x on purchases. Whether you’re getting 5 pounds of sour patch kids, a new vlogging camera, or getting a kindle to do some quarantine reading…this is a great opportunity.
What are Amex Offers?
These are targeted offers that populate in your card account after log in. Typically they come in these variants
- Spend a certain amount, get a statement credit
- Spend a certain amount, get bonus points
- Get bonus points on purchases with a certain retailer
- usually capped a specific total, but not always
We keep 6 Amex cards
Here are the 6 American Express Cards that I keep and links to why we have them in our wallet and recommend your consideration. The combination of Amex Offers and Referrals essentially give us a net positive when looking at a benefit to annual fee ledger.
- American Express Platinum
- American Express Gold
- American Express Green
- American Express Business Platinum
- American Express Blue Business
- American Express Blue Business Plus
Amazon 5x Offer
- 5 additional points on Amazon.com orders
- Expires 7/22/20
- Not valid: Amazon Go, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive
- Capped at 2k points
- My Blue Business Plus was targeted
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases