We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business Visa 70k offer + BOGO
Bank of America just dropped an incredible new best ever offer on the Alaska Airlines Business Visa – a whopping 70k after $4k spend in 3 months + a Buy One Get One companion fare. I’ve had this card multiple times since 2015 ( starting when it was a meager 25k ) and I think this new offer will push me over the edge to acquiring it once again. Alaska miles are some of the most valuable airline miles in the business, but I’d still categorize this card as a supporting cast member vs main cast.
If you’re familiar with how we analyze cards here at Monkey Miles, we break credit cards into two groups as if they were in a play, tv show, or movie: Main cast and Supporting Cast. You wallet should be comprised of cards that you use on a regular basis for all your purchases – this is your main cast. We prefer those cards to earn you flexible points that can be converted travel partners via transfer. The second category are cards that give you perks and support your wallet like free bags, a free night every year, etc – or your supporting cast. The Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business Visa would part of the supporting cast should we add it.
Card Details – Go here to apply ( non affiliate )
Bank of America Application Rules
They can be broken down into these sub-categories:
- 24 month.
- 5 card limit.
- You’re limited to 2 Bank of America cards within a 2 month window.
- If you’ve opened more than 3+ cards, from any bank, in a 12 month window you’ll be auto denied
- If you are a Bank of America account this rule doesn’t apply
- If you have opened 4 new cards in a 24 month period you’ll be denied
- doesn’t apply if you have a Bank of America account
- If you’ve opened 7 or more new cards in a 12 month period you will be denied if…
- Applies to Bank of America customers although rumored to not apply to those with $250k+ assets held at BofA
Some Bank of America cards have a 24 month rule attached to them meaning you may not be able to get a bonus for 24 months from either opening or closing.
5 Card Limit
There is a 5 card cap on the number of Bank of America cards you can hold at any one time
Some of Best Uses of Alaska Airline miles
This isn’t an extensive list, but some of the better options
- To Asia
- Cathay Biz is 50k One way
- Cathy First is 70k One way
- Japan Biz to Asia is 60k
- Japan First to Asia is 70k
- Japan Biz to S.E. Asia is 65k
- Japan First to S.E. Asia is 75k
- Hainan Business Class is 50k
- Korean Airlines is 52.5k ( must be booked roundtrip, read this post for details )
- AA Biz is 57.5k
- AA First is 80k
- FinnAir is 70k
- BA Biz is 60k
- BA First is 70k
- Middle East
- BA Biz is 70k
- BA First is 80k
- Emirates Business is 82.5k
- Qatar is 85k
- Cathay Business is 62.5k
- Cathay First is 70k
- Australia – 70k miles to fly First Class from the States to Australia!
- Qantas Biz is 55k
- Qantas First is 70k
- Cathay Biz is 60k
- Cathay First is 80k
- Fiji Biz is 55k
- Korean Airlines for 125k roundtrip in Biz
- British Airways Biz is 70k
- British Airways First is 80k
- Cathay Biz is 62.5k
- Cathay First is 70k
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.