We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mega Marriott Promo: 2x Elite Nights + 1000 bonus points per night
*You may need to Call in to register ( 1 (800) 627-7468 ) – there have been reports that people get an error message and this is a way to work around that
Marriott Bonvoy just launched a mega promo that can earn 2x elite nights through April 23, 2023 + 1000 bonus points per night. Yes, you read that right – DOUBLE ELITE NIGHTS. The biggest caveat is award nights do not qualify so this is really targeting those who are booking cash rates and not via 3rd party bookings don’t count. Let’s take a look, but this could be an incredible way to earn elite status quickly in the year. Register here
A snap of the Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens, Greece ( A Marriott Luxury Collection Hotel ).
Details and Register Here
- Registered Marriott Bonvoy members can earn
- 1,000 bonus points + one bonus Elite Night Credit for each eligible paid night stayed during the promotion earning period from
- Run s between: February 7 to April 23, 2023.
- Members must register
- Registration is open today until April 9, 2023.
- Stays completed prior to registration are not eligible to earn bonus points or bonus Elite Night Credits with this promotion.
- You can earn up to 75,000 bonus points
- 75 bonus Elite Night Credits.
- Must book stays directly with Marriott on Marriott.com, Marriott Bonvoy Mobile app or through a reservations center.
- Rates available through most third-party online retailers and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
- Award redemption stay nights including Cash + Points Awards, Free Night Awards, or a points redemption are not eligible for the promotion.
Why this is a cool promo – elite status my babies!
Here is a look at the Marriott Bonvoy tiers and status requirements/benefits. With this promo, you could start with zero nights and hit Silver within 5 nights, Gold in 13 nights, and Platinum within 25.
Marriott Bonvoy Life begins at Platinum status.
This is where you get guaranteed lounge access, breakfast, etc. So, if you have paid travel coming up, this could be a way for you to really accelerate through the status tiers.
The wonderful lounge at the Grosvenor House London
Making use of Credit Cards to get a big boost
If you keep a Marriott Bonvoy credit card in your wallet you’re probably starting the year off with 15 nights, meaning platinum is just 18 nights away during this promo. If you have the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant, you’d get your annual choice benefit after just 13 nights ( Brilliant has 25 elite nights as a benefit and Choice bennies start at 50 elite nights. ) You can read more about Marriott co-branded credit cards here including which ones are offering the highest offers.
As of January 2023, this is a quick cheat sheet on how many elite nights you’ll get with each card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant(R) American Express(R) Card
- 25 elite enights
- All other Marriott Credit Cards
- 15 elite nights
Here’s several Marriott properties I’ve reviewed and recommend
- St Regis Maldives
- Gorgeous, massive villas that are a bucket list destination. 85-100k would be a steal here.
- London Edition
- Sleek, chic, and great bar scene. If you can score a 50k night, you won’t be disappointed in this Soho property
- JW Marriott Grosvenor House
- Wonderful location off Hyde Park, recently renovated, great use of 50k cert with a dope club lounge )
- Park Tower London
- Knightsbridge – a bit dated, but great location and good use of 50k night cert
- The Joseph Nashville
- Luxury Collection property just off broadway that features a cool rooftop pool
- St Regis New York
- Iconic, incredible luxury property, smack dab on 5th avenue. Anything under 100k is a steal.
- St Regis Rome
- Beautifully renovated, 10-15 mins from Spanish Steps
- St Regis Doha
- Large, beach front hotel with multiple pools, and great elite benefits
- Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi
- Incredible location across from the Grand Mosque that is on the beach with multiple dining options
This is the best hotel promotion we’ve seen so far this year that is open to the public and fast tracks your ability to hit a very valuable elite status quickly. Hyatt had a wide variety of targeted promos, some including double elite nights, but this one is open to any and everyone during the promotional period.
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.