Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
MMMondayMemo: What is a credit card reconsideration call?
Each Monday, Miles has decided to drop a tip, hint, tutorial, trick that maybe you’ve missed or haven’t heard before. If you’re an expert in this field, some of these may be things you already know, but there are a lot of beginners out there who are just getting their feet wet which is why we created the Monkey Miles Monday Memos. This week we will explain what a credit card reconsideration call is and how to go about making one. Without further adieu…MMMondayMemo: What is a credit card reconsideration?
You’ve applied for a card and gotten rejected. Game over right? Wrong. You can ask for reconsideration.
Reconsideration is one of the most powerful tools we have when acquiring a new credit card, and often times a bank’s algorithm has rejected us without a single set of human eyes taking a look at your application. Reconsideration is putting you in front of humanity and asking them to take another look at your application.
How do you go about making a reconsideration call?
- 800 567 1083 ( application status)
- 877 – 399-3083 ( new
Bank of America
- 800-545-7899 ( Personal )
- 800-601-3923 ( Business )
- 888-270-2127 ( Personal)
- 800-453-9719 ( Business )
- According to Doctor Of Credit: you must mail a letter here: CitiBank Executive Review Department, P.O. Box 6000, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
Ok, I have my number. Now what?
You’d better get your charm offensive prepped because you’re going to have to rock this call. Be the nicest, sweetest, funniest version of your point grubbing self 😉 Why do you think Miles has that perma-smile? He’s made so many retention calls it’s there permanently. Here’s few tips
- Talk to them like a person. There are a lot of jerks out there. Be nice!
- Never bring up the sign up bonus.
- Know all the perks of the card
- Know all of the cards you have with the bank
- An easy way to do this is to log in to your online account and keep it open during the call.
- Ask why you were rejected.
If at first you fail…try, try again.
If you get rejected once….HUCA. Try another rep.
Being nervous for one of these calls is normal. Just go for it! The worst thing that happens is rejection. And if you’re calling for reconsideration…you were already rejected! What do you have to lose?