We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
30% off Flash Sale at Kimpton
IHG is having a flash sale on their luxury brand Kimpton until Feb 6th. It seems that Kimpton has this sale each quarter ( we saw 40% in Oct ’22 and then 20% in Jan ’23). It always pays to keep an eye on rates because they often change before you check-in and it could save you some cash! H/T The Gate
Go here to Book the Kimpton 30% off sale
Make sure you choose Kimpton Annual Sale when booking
- IHG One Rewards Members save 30% off our Best Flexible Rate
- Not a member? Join now >
- Book by 03/23/23
- Stay by July 9th, 2023
- Subject to availability
- Blackout dates may apply
- Limited number of discounted rooms available each night
- Advance booking requirements vary by hotel
- Minimum length of stay may vary by hotel
History of Kimpton Flash Sales
- March 2023 – 30% off
- November 2022 – 20% off
- October 11th to Oct 13, 2022 – 40% off
Kimpton is one of my favorite brands
Kimptons are all pet friendly and my wife and I have had the pleasure to stay at several Kimpton properties including:
- Kimpton Atlanta, Buckhead
- Kimpton Nashville
- Kimpton Glasgow
- Kimpton London
- Kimpton Los Angeles, West Hollywood
- Kimpton Savannah
This could end up saving your some dough, and as I mentioned before, if you already have a reservation, check to see if its cheaper now and rebook!
Go here to see Participating Hotels:
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.