We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rent Day with Bilt Rewards Mastercard
In 2022, Bilt Rewards launched a new double points day to reward Bilt Rewards Mastercard holders on the first of every month ( I am a senior advisor and investor in the company ). Ever since then, Bilt has come out with some incredible Rent Day promotions ( 100% transfer bonuses to IHG and Hawaiian, United status trial and challenge, Hyatt Trial Status and Challenge, etc ) and this month is a big fatty fat 100% transfer bonus to Flying Blue – that means every single Bilt point = 2 Flying Blue miles.
On top of that we have a sneak preview of the Flying Blue Promo Rewards for May which include a ton of US cities on discount…you can fly roundtrip business class
*The first of the month is a great time to buy up gift cards, book travel reservations, or pivot general purchases since you’ll rack up double points. Note that the cap is 10k Bilt points on the day.
What Is Flying Blue?
Flying Blue is the loyalty program of Air France/KLM and is a transfer partner of basically every single bank program. You can use their points to fly on SkyTeam partners including Delta and Virgin Atlantic.
Gimme the details on this amazing 100% transfer bonus to Flying Blue
I will 100% participate in this Bilt Rewards Day Promotion. Why? I use Flying Blue quite often – not only for Air France/KLM, but also for discounted surcharges on Virgin Atlantic.
- You must be a Bilt Rewards member
- You do NOT need the credit card
- You must be a Flying Blue member
- You must transfer on May 1st
- For every 1000 Bilt Rewards = 2000 Flying Blue Miles
- Transfers are pretty much instant although it could take a few minutes
Is 100% the biggest bonus we’ve ever seen?
Yes, by far. I can’t remember seeing over 40% in the past – 100% is basically 2 for 1
Flying Blue Promo Rewards – fly roundtrip to Europe under 12k roundtrip in Econ and 49k in business. YES ROUNDTRIP
Here is a sneak peek at the Promo Rewards for May:
- LA, and
Note that these are the Flying Blue prices…so if you have 52,500 Bilt Rewards, you could fly from IAD to Europe in Business Class…roundtrip.
I want to draw your attention to the face that these prices won’t be calendar wide and WON’T go into effect until 5/1/23. These are for MAY, they were just leaked early.
- Deal starts 5/1/23
- Book by 5/31/23
- Travel by 10/31/23
Flying Blue Promo Rewards chart for May
|destination iata code||destination geographic zone||cabin||discount||origin iata code||airline||new price in miles – one way||new price in miles – round trip||old price in miles
– one way
|old price in miles
– round trip
|booking dates start||booking end||travel dates start||travel end|
|EWR||North America||Premium Economy||25%||Europe||AF||22,500||45,000||30,000||60,000||5/1/2023||5/31/2023||5/1/2023||10/31/2023|
|IAD||North America||Premium Economy||25%||Europe||AF||22,500||45,000||30,000||60,000||5/1/2023||5/31/2023||5/1/2023||10/31/2023|
|IAH||North America||Premium Economy||25%||Europe||AF||35,250||70,500||47,000||94,000||5/1/2023||5/31/2023||5/1/2023||10/31/2023|
|IAH||North America||Premium Economy||25%||Europe||KL||30,000||60,000||40,000||80,000||5/1/2023||5/31/2023||5/1/2023||10/31/2023|
Do I need the credit card to participate?
No you do not!
Bilt Is also giving away 2 sets of 2 roundtrip business class tickets to Paris and Amsterdam
Stay tuned for more information on this…you’ll find clues on my Instagram!
DOUBLE POINTS ON ALL NON-RENT PURCHASES
Don’t forget you need to use the card 5x in a month to get your points. Here’s how you can earn:
- DINING: 6x points (regularly 3x points)
- This applies to Restaurants in the Bilt Dining program as well – so you’d earn 11x
- TRAVEL: 4x points (regularly 2x points)
- ALL OTHER SPEND excluding rent: 2x points (regularly 1x points)\
Play Point Quest to earn points
- log in to the Bilt Rewards app on the first
- Answer 5 questions and earn 50 points instantly for each correct answer
- If you get all 5 correct, you will be given a 6th question for another 100 Bilt points
SoulCycle Rent Day partnership – free rider, rent give away, and clothing line
On Bilt Rent Day if you book a Soul Cycle class you can reserve a free 2nd bike, so bring a friend! You’ll also earn 10x points.
- This month one person attending a Bilt Rent day SoulCycle class will get a free month’s rent
I mentioned this up above, but if you solve a phrase and you submit the correct answer you’ll be entered in a contest to win up to $2500 in free rent!
Tell me more about the Bilt Rewards Mastercard?
You can pay rent without transaction fees with the Bilt Rewards Mastercard
You can pay rent via two different ways
- The first, using their app to pay rent within their Bilt Alliance network. They have partnerships with over 2 million properties across the country. If your building is a part of it, it’s super easy and streamlined.
But the 2nd way is a gamechanger.
- You can use their no annual fee Bilt Rewards Mastercard Elite to pay your rent and earn points. The card even earns 2x on travel and 3x on dining with no annual fee. I’m not talking just within the alliance, but literally any landlord, anywhere in the United States.
My landlord doesn’t accept credit card.
If they don’t accept credit card…
- Bilt will mail your landlord a check.
- They even set it up so that you can use the Bilt Rewards Mastercard to pay via ACH, Venmo, or PayPal
If you pay rent…it’s a complete no brainer.
Bilt Rewards Rent Day is an exceptional time to spend on your credit card if you have one, but also take advantage of all the promotions they offer.
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.