We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
New Kimpton Secret Password: NO SHADE
If you’re planning on staying at a Kimpton property in the near future make sure you say “No Shade” when you check in.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Kimpton Secret Password, here’s how it works. Right when you check-in say, “Hey what’s up, I read Monkey Miles every single day and I know that y’all have a secret password and it’s ‘No Shade.'” You’ll be given an all knowing nod, a wink, a smile, perhaps even a tip of the hat and a high five, probably because the desk agent also reads Monkey Miles, and then, depending on the property, you’ll be given something just knowing the Kimpton Secret Password.
Check out our Kimpton Reviews:
- Kimpton London – The Fitzroy
- Kimpton Glasgow The Blythswood
- Kimpton Atlanta ( Buckhead ) The Sylvan
- Kimpton West Hollywood – La Peer
- Kimpton Miami – Hotel Surfcomber
- Kimpton Savannah – The Brice
- Kimpton Nashville – The Aertson
What is the New Kimpton Secret Password: “No Shade”
- Starts 05/26/23 and runs until September 3rd
- Get something like
- Food and Beverage Credit
- Free Parking
- Room upgrades
- Keepsake, memento from the property
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.