Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Iwanted to check out Le Anfore Lounge Rome
I regretted this decision. Go ahead and read if you enjoy hearing about my pain. If you like pizza, skip this lounge and eat it in the terminal. It was delicious and only a few euros.
- Location: FCO
- When: June 2016
- Who can get in: Priority Pass members which I was access to via my American Express Business Platinum card
It’s in the satellite terminal extra-Schengen which is a monorail ride away from where you go through Security. You’ll have actually gone through immigration and technically left Italy once you get to this terminal. The terminal itself is quite nice, but I thought I’d give the lounge a go.
Little did I know that it would be a very quick TOUR. It’s downstairs. DOWN stairs. The elevator didn’t come very quickly so I took the stairwell. It was dark, old, and I could have sworn I was on the set of the Walking Dead. Ok, it wasn’t that bad, but it wasn’t good.
Things got better, Check in
In fact the check-in process was very nice and it looked promising when I first got to the desk. I thought maybe the stairwell just needed a face lift.
Nope. The stairwell was an inoculation of a little bit of crappiness for the LOT of crappiness that was the lounge.
It’s not worth going. I almost didn’t feel comfortable drinking the water…and it came from a water bottle. Everything just seemed dirty. I saw a bartender grab clean utensils, not by the handles, with his bare hands. I mean, we are in a lounge that requires premium access not with Bear Grylls scavenging. Yeesh. I actually inspected the glass my water was poured for lip marks, it just seemed grimy.
I checked out the bathrooms
I’ve been in port-o-potties that have smelled better. Do not go in there. This place needs a major remodel. I actually opted to use the bathroom in the airport terminal after walking into this place.
Eat in the terminal, sit in the terminal, let the staff of Gucci spritz you with fine fragrances.
Italy/England 2016 Trip Report
- One World Business Class Lounge Los Angeles Review – Tom Bradley
- SkyTeam Korean Air Lounge Los Angeles Review
- LAX-LHR American Business Class 777-300ER
- London Terminal 4 SkyTeam Business Class Lounge Review
- LHR -FCO Alitalia Business Class A330
- Marriott Rome Park Hotel
- Viator private tour Vatican
- Boscolo Rome Exedra
- NUN Assisi Relais and Spa
- Le Anfore (business class) Lounge
- London Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Review:
- London Terminal 3 British Airways Galleries Lounge Review
- London Terminal 3 Admiral’s Club Review
- LHR-LAX American Business Class 777-300ER – mini cabin