We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
At the time of this article, Chase is currently offering a 50k World of Hyatt welcome bonus on their cobranded card after hitting minimum spend. However…while that offer is the most prevalent online, another one has popped up that may be of interest to you: 2 free nights at category 1-7 hotels after hitting the required minimum spend. Let’s take a look.
The 2 free nights:
- 1 after $3k in 3 months
- 1 after $6k in 6 months
The earn structure and benefits
- $50 statement credit after first purchase
- 4x at Hyatt
- 2x on local transit and commuting
- 2x on dining
- 2x on airline tickets from the airline
- 2x on health clubs
- 1 free cat 1-4 night every year you keep the card
- 1 free cat 1-4 night every year you spend $15k on the card
- 5 elite nights towards status
- discoverist status while you hold the card
- 2 elite nights for every $5k you spend on the card
It really comes down to how you plan on using the welcome bonus. If you’re looking at category 7 hotels like the Park Hyatt Paris or Tokyo…go for this offer. However, if you plan on using them towards any other hotels in the portfolio, I think it’s better to go with the welcome offer with points.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers