We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Bank of America application rules
If you’re looking to add a Bank of America credit card to your wallet you’ll need to pay attention to these application rules. Over the years, Bank of America has gotten progressively more restrictive, but they aren’t overly complex and I’ll walk you through what you need to pay attention to prior to your application.
Bank of America Application Rules
They can be broken down into these sub-categories:
- 24 month.
- 5 card limit.
- You’re limited to 2 Bank of America cards within a 2 month window.
- If you’ve opened more than 3+ cards, from any bank, in a 12 month window you’ll be auto denied
- If you are a Bank of America account this rule doesn’t apply
- If you have opened 4 new cards in a 24 month period you’ll be denied
- doesn’t apply if you have a Bank of America account
- If you’ve opened 7 or more new cards in a 12 month period you will be denied if…
- Applies to Bank of America customers although rumored to not apply to those with $250k+ assets held at BofA
Some Bank of America cards have a 24 month rule attached to them meaning you may not be able to get a bonus for 24 months from either opening or closing.
5 Card Limit
There is a 5 card cap on the number of Bank of America cards you can hold at any one time
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.