We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Buy Aeroplan miles for just $0.0126 per point.
Air Canada is offering its Aeroplan miles with, up to a, 75% bonus through July 14th. Aeroplan has some great redemptions, but with everything going on in the world, I’d be very careful with purchasing points. With that said…this is a solid deal for miles that can have great redemptive value. You’ll also earn Air Canada Altitude Elite Qualifying Dollars towards status ( up to $5k ). This comes out to roughly $1.26 cents per point ( USD ).
The offer is tiered with a max bonus of 75% via a 250k mile purchase
If you were to max this out, you’d end up with 350k + 262.5k totaling a whopping 612,500 points for $7725. A massive investment, but if the miles retain their current redemption levels, a helluva deal.
Speaking of their current redemption levels.
Business and First Class redemptions that are amazing
- US to Europe in Business Class = 55k
- US to Europe in Fist Class = 70k
- US to Australia in Business Class = 80k
- US to Australia in First Class = 110k
- US to East/West/South Africa in First Class = 105k
- US to East/West/South Africa in Business Class for 75k
That means you could fly for just 70k in Lufthansa First Class or $882 with this deal
Or fly all the way to Australia via Abu Dhaib in one of the world’s best first class cabins – the Etihad Apartments. 110k points or just under $1400 with this offer. Unreal deals
Things to consider
Miles and points devalue all the time and with so much uncertainty I would seriously take this into consideration. Additionally, you should be aware that Aeroplan adds taxes and fees to flights. So a flight like Lufthansa First Class will more than likely have a few hundred bucks added in addition to the cost of miles in terms of fees. That doesn’t mean it still isn’t a great deal, but another factor to consider.
Let me know if you take advantage of this deal and where you plan on heading.
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.