We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
You might have caught my post on grabbing a great ticket to Istanbul in Turkish Business Class. Well, the reason I pulled the trigger on that flight was IHG point breaks…namely the Intercontinental Cairo which, along with all point breaks, is priced at an outrageously cheap 5000 points per night ( roughly $35/night).
IHG releases a list of “Point Breaks” hotels throughout the year.
The deal is always 5000 points per night and a maximum of two nights per reward account – I actually was able to book 4 straight nights with no problem…so tinker around with it. I utilized this for the Intercontinental Cairo.
I’ve always wanted to go to and see the Pyramids in Egypt. Realizing that a flight over ( in business on Turkish) could be had for $150 and points, and then accommodations could be had for just 5000 points per night, is ridiculous and an opportunity worth seizing!!!!
For the most part, the list consists of Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn express, Candlewood Suites, and then some limited Crown Plaza opportunities. These are great options for road trips domestically, airport stopovers, and foreign cities where you’d like something with a known western feel while abroad also For the Full list of properties click here.
How to get IHG points
- public offer is 60k but there are 80k targeted links. Log in to your account and see if you’re targeted.
- I signed up for this for 70k back in June
- This card has an annual fee of $49 and comes with an annual night certificate good a ANY property worldwide. HUGE HUGE HUGE reason to have the card
– -> Chase Ultimate Rewards –
- transfer 1:1
- I wouldn’t do this…UR are worth far more than IHG points
- When you go to book the hotel and have a shortage of points, they will allow you to buy them at $0.007
- Book a cash rate…
- opt for discounting the rate by using points
- If you don’t have the points, it allows you to buy them
- cancel the reservation afterward and the points remain in your account
- This equates to roughly $35/5000 points
- Book a cash rate…
If you don’t have the points and have looked at the point break list and see that there is a redemption you’d like to take, I would highly suggest the option of buying the points at $0.007 per point. Incredible deal to stay in very nice properties all over the world for $35/night.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases