We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
IHG Diamond Status Challenge – targeted
You can get instant Platinum status after you register and then have the chance to get IHG One Rewards Diamond Elite status through the end of 2024 after just 8 nights. This is a remarkable status match if you qualify with an ultra low amount of nights to secure IHG’s top tier status.
- Register to get Instant Platinum Elite Status
- Stay 8 qualifying nights between 2/15/23 and 3/31/23
- Get IHG One Rewards Diamond status until 12/31/24
- Qualifying nights are defined as:
- Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum one (1) night stay at a participating hotel booked under a Qualifying Rate, with a room rate exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) for each night. Participating hotels include all IHG® Hotels & Resorts and Mr and Mrs Smith Properties, with the exception of Iberostar Beachfront Resorts and those Six Senses® Hotels, Resorts & Spas that do not participate in IHG One Rewards. (To check if a specific Six Senses hotel is participating in this Promotion, contact the hotel directly.) Stays booked using Reward Nights or Points & Cash are not Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stays for purposes of this Promotion. Bookings made through online travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com also do not qualify under this Promotion.
Go here to see you qualify and Register for IHG Diamond Status Challenge
What do you get with IHG Diamond elite status?
The biggest benefit right off the bat is breakfast. Then as you accrue nights you’ll have the option of choosing Milestone Rewards. I highlighted what I would choose at each level.
This is an incredible deal, but my only concern is…if everyone is diamond, is anyone diamond?
Terms and Conditions
*To participate in the “Just for you: Private Diamond Offer” promotional offer (the “Offer”), you must be an IHG One Rewards member and must be invited to participate in the Offer. After receiving an invitation, you must register your member number in advance in order to be eligible for the Offer. The Promotion period begins on 15th February 2023 and ends on 31st March 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). Once a member registers for the Promotion, the member will be able earn IHG One Rewards Platinum Elite status, and start enjoying the associated benefits, by staying just eight (8) qualifying nights at participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts during the Promotion Period.
To be a qualifying night under the Promotion, the room night must be part of a Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay and must fall within the Promotion Period. Completed stays prior to registration or outside of the Promotion Period are not included. By way of example, a member who registers for the Promotion on 16th of February 2023 and has a Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay at a participating hotel with a check-in date of 13th February 2023 and check-out date of 18th February 2023 will be credited with three (3) qualifying nights, for the 15th, 16th and 17th of February. The member will not receive credit for 13th or 14th of February because those nights were prior to the Promotion Period.
For purposes of this Promotion, a Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum one (1) night stay at a participating hotel booked under a Qualifying Rate, with a room rate exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) for each night. Participating hotels include all IHG® Hotels & Resorts and Mr and Mrs Smith Properties, with the exception of Iberostar Beachfront Resorts and those Six Senses® Hotels, Resorts & Spas that do not participate in IHG One Rewards. (To check if a specific Six Senses hotel is participating in this Promotion, contact the hotel directly.) Stays booked using Reward Nights or Points & Cash are not Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stays for purposes of this Promotion. Bookings made through online travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com also do not qualify under this Promotion. (For additional details on Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions.) If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to count the room nights towards the Promotion (for those nights that qualify). If a member books more than one room on the same night, the member will only receive credit for qualifying nights for one room.
Gold Elite status and Platinum Elite status awarded under this Promotion will be reflected in the member’s IHG One Rewards account following completion of the number of qualifying nights required to achieve such status, as described in these terms and conditions. Once a member receives a Diamond Elite status upgrade with this Promotion, the member may keep such status through the end of 2024. Any Elite status at any level for the 2025 calendar year and beyond must be earned by the member in accordance with the IHG One Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions or, if applicable, pursuant to a special promotional offering the member an opportunity to attain such status for the time period prescribed.
A member’s participation in the IHG One Rewards programme and this Promotion are subject to the IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, which can be found here or by visiting ihgonerewards.com. IHG may retract Diamond Elite status granted under this Promotion, and withdraw any points associated with such upgraded status from the member’s account, if such status was awarded in error or if the member was not eligible to participate. IHG also expressly reserves the right to remove a member’s points, downgrade their status, or suspend or cancel their account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected, and any fraudulent or other prohibited activity relating to a member’s account or a member’s participation in the IHG One Rewards programme or this Promotion is subject to the IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, including any of the identified actions that may be taken in response to such activity. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of interpretation of the Promotion, as well as the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. This exclusive Offer is valid only for the original recipient who was invited to participate in the Offer and cannot be transferred or conveyed. This promotional offer is valid only for the original members who received the offer to participate in the Promotion and cannot be transferred or conveyed. Members must make any enquiries regarding this Promotion by 30th May 2023.
© 2023 InterContinental Hotels Group, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30346-2121 USA. All rights reserved. Most hotels are independently owned and operated.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
80k offer in branch currently – I think this should be online soon
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
Super solid welcome offer.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
There is currently an 80k offer after $4k spend in 3 months available in branch, and up to 90k after $6k spend in 6 months. I suspect some version of this will be online soon if you don’t want the hassle of going into a branch.
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 60k is a very, very good offer. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back. .
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.