We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Increased 25k Amex Hilton Surpass referral bonus
Earlier this year Amex increased the Hilton Surpass referral bonus to 20k for an unpublished 100k offer. Now, Amex has gone and increased referral bonuses to 25k for their all-time best offer of 100k points AND a free weekend night after your 1st year anniversary. This is a card that I signed up for last year when Amex was offering 100k after $3k spend and I’m looking to keep this card in my wallet purely for the referral bonuses. I’ve received 60k Hilton Honors in referrals this year thus far. I appreciate you using my referrals for these cards, but also invite readers to add their referrals in the comment section.
Earn 100k bonus points + A free weekend night after 1st year anniversary
When the new best ever public offer debuted I checked my referral links and the offer was only 80k. Happy to see that they matched the best public offer of 100,000 Hilton Honors + a free weekend night after your first card membership anniversary.
Remember, Amex only allows one sign up bonus per lifetime. If you haven’t had this card, and are looking to pick it up, this would be a great time.
- Annual fee is $75
- 100k after $3k spend in 90 days
- These perks:
You can use my referral or if you have your own Surpass and would like to add your referral…please do!
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.