Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Review: Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
After a great stay in a suite at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap which included a wonderful Afternoon Tea, seeing Angkor Wat, and enjoying more massages than we had days, we were off to Hanoi. But, before we hopped on the plane we nipped into the Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap. What was really cool about this is in the past year one of my dearest and best friends Shane, whom I’ve known for over 20 years, has become an absolute fiend for points. He happened to be in Thailand during and caught up with us in Siem Reap with his sister. What was really cool is he’s picked up a Chase Sapphire Reserve ( as did his sister ) and we were all going to Hanoi. Sooooo we all ended whipping out our Priority Passes and enjoying a really cool Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap.
It was worth stopping in.
Lounges are lounges are lounges are lounge, right? Kind of like eating a Big Mac or staying in a run of the mill Marriott. The point is familiarity, consistency, etc. Not this one. This is a lounge with a little flair. Something different, and I LIKED IT.
It’s a bit hidden…you need to make a tight right after exiting duty free.
You can pay to enter…or use a priority pass like we did.
- January 2017
- I gained Entrance with Priority Pass
- Other means of entry
- Paying….$39 for 2 hours, 5 hours for $55
There were shower suites and massages, but you had to pay so I’m not reviewing them because I like free things.
And you know what was free and incredible?! The Food.
Slap me in the face with some outstanding fish ball noodle soup. OMG – it was a flavor sensation. I had two full bowls. I nearly popped my innie to an outie.
Oh my gosh. I totally skipped over some of the cool aesthetics of the lounge. Like this wall of art.
Very cool, right?
And look at the main room.
There were lots of these little booth/work stations. Cool way to do it.
And some places to stuff your face with fish ball soup. That should be high on the list. Spice it up too – so good.
I’m not sure if that man worked in the lounge or not, but it appears that you can request a luggage demonstration.
And back to the food. And beer. Why else go in a lounge if you can’t get wifi, food, and beer?
Those jars had cookies. Eat them. Worry about it when you get home, you’re on vacation.
The wontons were quite good too…ok, yes I ate a lot. But it was tasty.
And Angkor beer. On tap. Although you do have to show the pass they give you when you come in. Not everyone gets booze, but if you have a Priority Pass – bottoms up baby.
There is an outside area too.
It’s a great spot to have some noodle soup, make it spicy, and cool off with an ice cold Angkor Beer. I can’t speak to the showers and massages, but if they were anything like the rest of the lounge I’m sure they are quite nice. This is one of the few times that a lounge ( I’m not talking about Super duper first class lounges, but normal lounges) provides really good meal replacing food. I’d certainly recommend this lounge.
This review is a part of the Trip Report: Miles Traces his roots in Southeast Asia
- Delta SkyClub Indianapolis IND
- Delta First Class IND-LAX
- Amex Centurion Pop-UP TBIT
- China Air Business Class 777-300ER LAX-TPE
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Club Lounge Review
- Taipei 101 Tour
- EVA Air Infinity lounge TPE
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A1
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A
- EVA Royal Laurel Business Class TPE – SGN
- Vietnamese Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Breakfast
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Ho Chi Minh City
- Orchid Lounge SGN
- Cambodian Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Viator Ankor Wat Private Tour
- Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Dragon Legend Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Hanoi Hilton
- ACV Business Lounge Hanoi
- Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
- Louis Tavern CIPFirst Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Business Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Japan Airlines Business Class 787-8 BKK-NRT
- American Airlines Admirals Club Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER NRT-ORD