We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
We were part of the lucky lot that snagged $600 roundtrip business class tickets to Asia on August 16, and by August 22nd we were Bangkok bound. Personally, I’m one to think that it was a genius marketing scheme by Hong Kong Airlines, but that’s not really here nor there, this is a lounge review! Since Hong Kong Airlines isn’t a member of any alliance, they’ve partnered with the Los Angeles International Lounge at LAX. We spent a very brief amount of time in the lounge, which in all honesty, was enough.
- When: August 2018
- Where: LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal
- Access: Business Class on Hong Kong Airlines
- Hainan, El Al, Japan Airlines, Fiji, Air Tahiti, and Phillipine Airlines
As soon as you’re through security make a left, head up on to the 6th Floor and you’ll see it, if you reach the Etihad lounge you’ve gone too far.
The lounge is clean, quite crowded, and small. In fact, had I not been reviewing the lounge I would have attempted to access the Korean Air Lounge on 5 with my priority pass. However, they’re known to turn Priority Pass member away when the lounge is crowded, and I’d never visited this lounge.
The lounge is broken up in a few separate seating areas. The first you see is the most conducive to work as most seats have access to power. Wifi is available throughout the lounge and worked quite well. Shoot to snag a seat outside overlooking the termainl – pretty great people watching from a bird’s eye view.
Snacks and a few cold sandwiches kept in the fridge. Booze is free pour with cooled wine and beer along side the soda, juice, and water.
If you’re flying on Hong Kong Airlines, or one of the other ways of accessing the Lounge at LAX you’ll find a clean and comfortable lounge that will provide some snacks, a cold drink, and a great view of TBIT; however you won’t find a full meal, showers, or a luxurious experience offered by other LAX lounges. With that said, I certainly wouldn’t arrive overly early for your flight for the experience.
Want to read more of our #weekendwarrior trip to Bangkok and Back for 600 Bucks?
- Los Angeles International Lounge
- Hong Kong Airlines Business Class A350 Los Angeles to Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines business class lounge – Club Autus
- American Express Centurion Lounge – Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines A330 Business Class Hong Kong to Bangkok
- Waldorf Astoria Bangkok during its soft opening
- What it’s like eating in Asia’s #1 Restaurant – Gaggan
- Bangkok’s floating markets – Dumnoen
- Diora Spa – Thai massage and Ayurvedic treatments
- Peninsula Bangkok – Grand Deluxe Suite with River View
- Smalls Bar – the hidden Sathorn IT bar
- Miracle Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Sky City Marriott Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines Business Class A350 Hong Kong to Los Angeles
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases