Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
It’s not absolutely terrible, but prices are going UP!
I’m not surprised seeing as though they devalued their own flight redemtoins earlier this year, but I was holding on to hope that it wouldn’t be this quick and we’d have more notice. The new prices take effect December 7th. That’s less than a month. I’ll sit down tomorrow and do a full side by side as it’s pretty late, and I got the email before heading to bed, but Singapore redemptions on partner flights are going up…roughly 20%. One aspect of the announcement that is nice is partner tickets will be available to redeem online without calling in.
Here’s the old Singapore Airlines partner award chart.
Here’s the new Singapore Airlines Partner award chart – effective December 7th
Biggest changes I see so far…
- US to EUROPE in FIRST 80k —> 95k
- Still a good value when compared to United, terrible when compared to Aeroplan
- Business is staying at 65k —> great value
- US to S.E. Asia 1/2 First 112.5 to 135k
- US. to North Asia in Business 87.5 to 105k
- This is huge
- North America to Middle East First 75k to 90k
- Europe to South America in First 92k to 117.5k
Things could have been worse…and thankfully Singapore is one of the easiest mileage currencies to earn. But, flying like this….got a lot more $$$$
87.5k to 105k to fly EVA business. WOW – that is a killer.