We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Singapore has had one of the strictest lockdowns of anywhere in the world. It also happens to be one of my favorite places to visit. The food, the nightlife, the entire energy of the island nation is second to none. It really brightened my day when I read that they were opening their borders to fully vaccinated travelers from 9 countries. Starting in September they opened up to Brunei and Germany, but more countries are joining the list. Here are the details
No quarantine if you’re arriving after 10/19/21 and from:
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States
- South Korea starting 11/15/21
What you need to know:
Not every flight will be designated an eligible flight. You must be on a Vaccinated Travel Lane flight if you’re arriving into Singapore. You can depart on any flight.
Traveling to Singapore
- must be on designated Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flights
- You can travel to multiple VTL countries in the same trip
- Must show proof of Covid Vaccine
- Take 2 PCR tests when flying into Singapore
- pre-departure 48 hours
- on arrival at Changi
- Fill out a VTP – Vaccinated Travel Pass which can be done here
Which vaccines are accepted?
- Fully vaccinated is both doses of an approved vaccine
- 1 shot of Johnson and JohnsonT
- Mixing of approved vaccines is accepted.
- The final dose must be completed at least 14 days prior to arrival in Singapore.
- Must be digitally certified and in English by the VTL country or Singapore
What is accepted for digital certification?
**Acceptable vaccination certificates include:
- Singapore: Vaccination status on the HealthHub or TraceTogether app.
- EU countries: European Union Digital Covid Certificates (EUDCC) issued by VTL countries (Starting 19 Oct 2021. Before 19 Oct 2021, only EUDCC from Germany will be accepted).
- Canada and The USA: Only the Smart Health Card (SHC) format, issued by Canada or the USA on the Common Trust Network are accepted (starting 19 Oct 2021).
- The UK: National Health Service (NHS) COVID Passes downloaded from the NHS mobile app (starting 19 Oct 2021).
- South Korea: Vaccination certificates issued by the Korean Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA), as well as authorised clinics and hospitals (starting 15 Nov 2021).
Please note that CovPass and the WHO Yellow Card will not be accepted.
Where can I find the VTL flights?
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else (beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out (previously 2x – beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on select streaming (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs -(beginning 8/16/21)
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points. (beginning 8/16/21)