We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Trip Report: 5 cabins 5 stars Miles traces his roots in S.E. Asia
The world is getting smaller and smaller, we’re more connected, and utilizing POINTS provides opportunities to reach parts of the world that used to be just a dream. Miles wanted to investigate the possibility that he was potentially from SouthEast Asia. I really wanted to make use of AA miles on a flight back from Asia in First Class because they were devaluing the charts. Dave was down to do that too and after consulting with Miles we determined Vietnam could be his homeland. So we booked flights back from Hanoi, Vietnam on random dates knowing we’d change them to suit our needs. Ultimately the trip got changed many times, but here’s the really cool thing. He and I were able to meet up with two of our best friends who also happened to be utilizing points on trips through Asia.
Dave and I flew in 5 different first/business cabins worth nearly $17k…it cost us $60.
We met up with our buddy, Fritz, in Taipei.
He then jetted back on EVA biz utilizing his Ultimate Rewards
And then Shane was visiting some family in Thailand and he flew over to hit up Cambodia and Ha Long Bay.
Dave, Shane, and I have been best buds for nearly 20 years. We’re all from small towns in the midwest and here we were meeting up all across the world. Thanks, Miles!
We also used points to stay in some incredible hotels:
Here’s a link to the very in depth tutorial on how I planned and booked the entire points part of the trip.
Below are all the individual reviews.
- Delta SkyClub Indianapolis IND
- Delta First Class IND-LAX
- Amex Centurion Pop-UP TBIT
- China Air Business Class 777-300ER LAX-TPE
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Club Lounge Review
- Taipei 101 Tour
- EVA Air Infinity lounge TPE
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A1
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A
- EVA Royal Laurel Business Class TPE – SGN
- Vietnamese Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Breakfast
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Ho Chi Minh City
- Orchid Lounge SGN
- Cambodian Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Viator Ankor Wat Private Tour
- Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Dragon Legend Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Hanoi Hilton
- ACV Business Lounge Hanoi
- Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
- Louis Tavern CIPFirst Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Business Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Japan Airlines Business Class 787-8 BKK-NRT
- American Airlines Admirals Club Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER NRT-ORD
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
Capital One lit the premium card market on fire when it dropped this card. It quickly was added to our wallet for the following reason!
♥ Earn 100k Bonus Points after $10k Spend in 6 months
♥$300 Annual Travel credit within Capital One Travel Portal
♥2x on every single purchase without limit
♥10x on hotels and car rentals purchased via Capital One Travel
♥5x on airfare purchased within Capital One Travel
♥Erase any travel purchase off your card at a penny a piece with Capital One Travel Eraser
- Access to the Capital One lounge network
- Priority Pass access ( including restaurants for you and two guests ) Authorized Users have access as well
♥ 10k Anniversary Miles every year you keep the card – worth $100 in Capital One Travel or transferred to partners
♥$395 Annual Fee
If you spend more than $400 a year on travel, you’ll quickly offset the annual fee with the $300 travel credit and 10k anniversary bonus. The rest is gravy. And you can add up to 4 Authorized Users fee free!