We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hyatt just announced a couple of promos where you can earn up to 25% off at participating hotels. Let’s take a look at a deal focusing on Caribbean, Mexican, and South American travel. You’ll need to use specific promo codes and they are only valid at participating hotels. Must book by October 15th, 2022 to qualify.
Paradise Awaits – Resort hotels
If you book The Paradise Awaits offer you’ll be able to save up to 25% at participating resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean by using the code SUNNYDAYS.
- Book now through Oct. 15, 2022, for eligible stays between July 16, 2022 and Dec. 17, 2022
- Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour
- Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort
- Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
- Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Main House
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Beach House
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino
- Thompson Zihuatanejo, a Beach Resort
- The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun
- Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana
- Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun
- Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
- Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
- Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun
- Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
- Hyatt House San Juan
- Hyatt Place Aruba Airport
- Hyatt Place Manatí
- Hyatt Place San Juan
- Hyatt Place La Paz
- Hyatt Place Los Cabos
LATAM City Hotels
You can also get up to 20% off city hotels in Mexico and South America by using code LATAM – go here for more details hyatt.com/promo/latin-america-welcomes-you-promo
- . Book now through Oct. 15, 2022, for eligible stays between Aug. 5, 2022 and Feb. 28, 2023,
- Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Grand Hyatt Bogotá
- Hotel La Compañia
- Hyatt Regency Mexico City
- Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro
- Hyatt Regency Merida
- Hyatt Regency Andares Guadalajara
- Park Hyatt Mendoz
- Grand Hyatt São Paulo
- Hyatt Regency Cartagena
- Hyatt Regency Villahermosa
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador
- Hyatt Centric San Isidro Lima
- Hyatt Centric Montevideo
- Hyatt Place Macaé
- Hyatt Place Sao Jose do Rio Preto
- Hyatt Place Santiago-Vitacura
- Hyatt Place Bogota – Convention Center
- Hyatt Place Ciudad del Carmen
- Hyatt Place San Jose-Pinares
- Hyatt Place Tijuana
- Hyatt Centric Campestre León
- Hyatt Centric Guatemala City
- Hyatt House Mexico City-Santa Fe
- Hyatt Place Aguascalientes-Bonaterra
- Hyatt Place Managua
- Hyatt Place San Pedro Sula
- Hyatt Place Tegucigalpa
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
80k offer in branch currently – I think this should be online soon
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
Super solid welcome offer.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
There is currently an 80k offer after $4k spend in 3 months available in branch, and up to 90k after $6k spend in 6 months. I suspect some version of this will be online soon if you don’t want the hassle of going into a branch.
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 60k is a very, very good offer. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back. .
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.