We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
60k Amex points for opening an Amex Business Checking Account
American Express is offering 60k Membership Rewards if you open a new business checking account with them and fulfill the following requirements:
- Make a deposit of $5k or more within 20 days of opening
- Maintain an average balance of $5k or more for 60 days
- Make 10 ore more qualifying transactions within 60 days of opening your account
You do need a business, but at the same time, Sole Proprietors should qualify as well. It looks as thought the deal expires 1/3/23
What are 10 qualifying transactions?
This is what Amex defines as a qualifying transaction:
If you want the ability to go into a branch and speak to someone in person…this isn’t your jam. If you’re cool with it all being online and digital, this could be a nice fit.
Here are some of the benefits of an Amex Business Account
You earn 1 Membership Reward point on every $2 you spend on the Business Debit card
- Domestic ACH: No fee
- Domestic Wire (Incoming): No fee
- Domestic Wire (Outgoing): $20
- International ACH (Incoming): No fee
These processing fees are included fee free:
- Monthly account maintenance
- Account opening
- Additional accounts
- Mobile deposit capture
- Outgoing and incoming returns
- Non-sufficient funds
- Stop pay
- Billing inquiry
- Duplicate credit/debit received
- Admin processing
- Statement copy
- Physical checks processing
Zach, what do I need to provide to sign up for an Amex Business Checking Account?
This is what Amex says you will need to provide:
• Your Employee Identification Number (EIN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
• Your Articles of Organization or a Certificate of Formation
• Information from a Driver’s License, State I.D., or Passport for each owner
• A Social Security Number (SSN) and ID verification for any Beneficial Owner with ownership of 25% or more
• A “Doing Business As” (DBA) certificate only if your business operates under more than one name
• A U.S. business address
• Information about your industry, size, and the purpose of your account
Will I do this?
I’m really debating doing this since it’s an easy 60k pickup and I already have several business cards with Amex. The 10 transactions shouldn’t be a big deal since mobile deposits are a qualifying transaction.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.