We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Even more statement credits for Amex Platinum
Earlier in the month we heard about Amex getting $180 worth of PayPal statement credits, and now we have learned that Amex has plumped up Amex Offers for their Platinum cardholders that held the card prior to 11/1/2020. I’m not sure if these are capacity controlled so make sure you add them to your card if you see them in your Amex Offers since they could be used up.
Some of these are just too good to be true: Spend $50 at Best Buy and Get $50 up to two times? That’s just free stuff. Same with HomeDepot.com. Others like Samsung offer Spend $1000 and get 200 back are really targeted for those looking to buy a phone, tv, etc. But…spending $50 at Best Buy to get that $50 back as a statement credit? And you can do it twice? That is flat out amazing. I’d assume these merchants really want access to Amex’s lucrative customer base.
List of new Amex Offers for Amex Platinum cardholders that had their card form 11/1/2020
This list was provided by Amex
- Avis Car Rental – Spend $250+ on eligible purchases, Get $75 back, up to 2x
- BestBuy.com – Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to 2x
- Goldbelly – Spend $100+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to 3x
- Home Chef – Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to 3x
- HomeDepot.com – Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to 2x
- Instacart – Spend $250+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to 2x
- Samsung – Spend $1,000+ on eligible purchases, Get $200 back, 1x
- Scribd – Spend $9.99+ on eligible purchases, Get $9.99 back, up to 5x
- The Container Store – Spend $150+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to 2x
- Virtual Personal Training by Equinox – Spend $780+ on eligible purchases, Get $130 back, up to 5x
- Wine Insiders – Spend $30+ on eligible purchases, Get $30 back, up to 2x
There are also additional perks that have been added – some for Amex Gold.
I have blogged about Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts quite a bit and absolutely love the program. I have extracted $1000s of value over the years I’ve held my Amex Platinum, and will continue to use it. The program I don’t speak much about is The Hotel Collection which offers some great perks when you book via that program, but for whatever reason I don’t use it nearly as much. Amex Centurion/Biz Centurion, Amex Platinum & Business Platinum cardholders have access to this program, but Amex Gold and Amex Business Gold members have access as well.
- The Hotel Collection Complimentary Night or Property Credit: U.S. Consumer and Business Platinum Card Members and Gold Card Members can receive a complimentary night or property credit of $150 or more after booking an eligible stay through American Express Travel at participating Hotel Collection properties. Required booking dates and travel dates vary by property. Terms apply.
- Fine Hotels + Resorts® Complimentary Night or Property Credit: U.S. Consumer and Business Platinum Card Members can receive a complimentary night or property credit of $250 or more after booking an eligible stay through American Express Travel at more than 200 participating Fine Hotels + Resorts® properties. Required booking dates and travel dates vary by property. Terms apply.
- Recommended Flights: Soon, U.S. Consumer and Business Platinum Card Members can access lower fares on select routes, flights and seats, with the ability to save up to 20% off the publicly listed ticket price. These lower fares are available with participating airlines for eligible flights and seats booked between January 10, 2021 and March 31, 2021 for travel from January 10, 2021 through May 31, 2021. Terms apply.
- Pay with Points on Prepaid Car Rental Bookings: For those renting a car to enjoy a local getaway, Membership Rewards® program enrolled U.S. Card Members can now use Pay with Points or earn 2X Membership Rewards points on prepaid car rental bookings through AmexTravel.com.
Additionally, American Express will waive the American Express Travel fee on U.S. customers’ flight modifications or new bookings now through March 31, 2021 and will continue to honor travel provider policies for changes or cancellations to bookings made through American Express Travel.
These are great additions to cards that already have a space in my wallet, and will continue to into the future. Amex Gold is one of my most used cards, and Platinum is now getting some great exercise as well.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases