We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
American Express has been ramping up its efforts to retain customers over the past several weeks. The first indication was increased credit card retention offers – some got 50k with no min spend, we got 30k after $4k spend on our Amex Platinum – and now we’re seeing the addition of statement credits and increased earn rates. Statement credit are focused on 3 cards: Amex Platinum, Business Platinum, and Green – my feeling is we will see Gold roll out something soon. Earn rates hit a slew of cards detailed below.
Full press statement can be found here
Don’t forget to leave your Amex referrals:
Referrals are how I make upwards of 500k points a year, but it’s also how I can help you out. Since I’m constantly trying to use points on my travel for the site, I cycle through my referrals first, and usually very quickly I max out. I then work my friends and family through the site, and finally, I start adding your links that you leave below. I leave them up for a few weeks and then cycle in another one.
You can also leave referrals for the Amex Green, Amex Aspire, Amex Platinum, Amex Biz Platinum, and Amex Biz Gold. I would note that you get more action when the referral is correlated to the article.
Let’s get into the new statement credits
American Express Platinum and Business Platinum
With annual fees of $550 and $595 respectively, the Amex Platinum and Business Platinum will give you up to $40 a month in statement credits offsetting more than 50% of the annual fee if you were to max out between now and 12/31/20.
- Platinum Consumer Card Members will receive up to $320 in statement credits when they use their Platinum Card on select streaming and wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers (up to $20 per month on each, from May through December 2020).
- Business Platinum Card Members will receive up to $320 in statement credits on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and U.S. purchases for shipping (up to $20 per month on each, from May through December 2020).
Eligible streaming services include Netflix, Hulu and Disney+, meanwhile qualifying U.S. wireless telephone services include AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon
Following in the footsteps of its elder siblings, Amex Green will also
- Green Consumer Card Members will receive up to $80 in statement credits when they use their Green Card to pay for wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers (up to $10 per month, from May through December 2020).
And then here are the increased earn rates
Delta cards are adding in a 4x supermarket earn rate, Marriott cards getting in the supermarket mix as well, and a big one for Aspire cardholders is the $250 Hilton Resort credit triggering from June to August on US restaurants, including takeout and delivery. That’s amazing. Full details below
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve, Platinum, Gold and Blue Consumer Card Members will now earn 4X miles at U.S. supermarkets (May through July 2020).
- Marriott Bonvoy and Brilliant Consumer Card Members will now earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $7,500 in eligible purchases (May through July 2020).
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Consumer Card Members’ eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery, will now qualify toward the $300 Marriott Bonvoy Statement Credit benefit (June through August 2020).
- Hilton Surpass and Aspire Consumer Card Members will now earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points at U.S. supermarkets (May through July 2020). Bonus Points earned through eligible purchases on all Hilton American Express Cards, that post to the Card Member’s Hilton Honors account between May 1 through December 31, 2020 will be considered Base Points and will count towards Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond Status.
- Hilton Aspire Consumer Card Members’ eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, including takeout and delivery, will now qualify toward the $250 Hilton resort credit benefit (June through August 2020).
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
****ALL TIME HIGH 100k OFFER!****
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 100k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else (beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out (previously 2x – beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on select streaming (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs -(beginning 8/16/21)
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points. (beginning 8/16/21)