We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com and CardRatings. This relationship may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
American Express Business Gold Referral Offer
Information about this card has been collected independently by Monkey Miles. Card issuer is not responsible for the information or accuracy.
American Express is offering a 70k to a whopping 130k referral offer on its American Express Business Gold card after hitting $10k minimum spend. The offer depends on how you’re targeted and how the links below, both in article and in the comments, populate.
The biggest downside is the $295 annual fee, but Amex Biz Gold gives users the ability to earn 4x points on some attractive categories ( capped at $150k ) and those really add up. Let’s take a look at at this tiered offer that gives the welcome offer in two different tiers.
This is a Monkey Miles referral page, which means you are more than welcome to leave your links In the comments section.
Here’s how it works with our site and referrals:
We earn commission when you use our links via our partner Cardratings and are really grateful when you do, but we also publish other deals that may be attractive to you. Referrals, are one of those other deals, and is a way we can give back to you for supporting us since you earn a referral bonus when someone uses your link.
We want to give you an opportunity to earn some valuable points as well, and so this is how we go about doing it.
- We add our own referrals first
- Because we use a ton of points every year and publish reviews of the flight and hotels we take, but we quickly max out
- We add those of friends and family to load up their accounts
- Once those are maxed out
- We then import your links from the comments section below to help you out.
- We usually leave those up for a few weeks and cycle through them, or when we get an email notifying us that someone’s account has maxes out
You can also leave referrals for
- Amex Gold
- Amex Green
- Amex Aspire
- Amex Platinum
- Amex Biz Platinum
- Amex Everyday Preferred
- Amex Blue Business Plus
- Amex Biz Gold
You can earn 4x points in any 2 of the following categories. You’ll earn those 4x on the two categories you spend the most, so there’s no selecting.
- Airfare purchased directly from the airline
- US purchases for advertising in select media (online, tv, radio )
- US purchases from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud stations
- US purchases at gas stations
- US purchases at restaurants
- US purchases for shipping
- Total capped at $150k spend
25% points back ( enrollment required )
You’ll get a 25% refund on airline purchases made with points if you purchase first or business class or with your selected airline.
- Capped at 250k points back
- Biz Flight costs $1k
- Use 100k Membership Rewards
- Get 25k refunded
- Net cost 75k
This is 10% less than you’d get refunded if you carry an Amex Biz Platinum.
Here are a few of the ways I’ve put my American Express Membership Rewards to great use.
For 47.5k transferred to Virgin you can experience their new Upper Class which I just flew a in November.
One of the best possible uses…70k transferred to Aeroplan for Lufthansa First Class redemption.
Or even use British Airways Avios ( transfer bonuses as high as 40% in the past ) to redeem on great products like Japan Airlines First Class
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
In Chase branch: 70k Points after $4k spend in 3 months ( make appt with banker –Information about this card has been collected independently by Monkey Miles. Card issuer is not responsible for the information or accuracy.)
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® is exceptional starter card and offers transferrable Ultimate Rewards, and pairs well with other Chase cards.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash® , Ink Business Unlimited® you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.