We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amex Offers Hyatt
Throughout the year we see plenty of hotel related Amex Offers, but it’s rare to see one targeting Hyatt. We’ve see Marriott, Hilton, Omni, Peninsula, Four Seasons, etc with cyclical regularity but again, a Hyatt offer doesn’t happen as frequently. Over the past couple of years, we’ve seen some attractive Hyatt offers populate and this one specifically is going after Hyatt hotels in Canada. I’m looking at you newly renovated Park Hyatt Toronto!
Unfamiliar with Amex Offers?
Read all about Amex Offers here
Here are the 10 American Express Cards that I keep and links to their current offers and why we have them in our wallet and recommend your consideration. I spend a lot on Amex annual fees and utilizing Amex Offers erasing a lot of those annual fees with bonus points and statement credits. Note, your Amex doesn’t have to have an annual fee to get targeted for offers though!
- American Express Platinum
- American Express Gold
- American Express Business Platinumx3
- American Express Business Goldx3
- American Express Blue Business Plusx2
What are some of my favorite Hyatt stays?
I have used points to stay at the following properties
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Carmelo Resort – Uruguay
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Washington D.C.
- Grand Hyatt Washington D.C.
- Park Hyatt Vienna
- Andaz New York
- Park Hyatt New York
- Thompson New York
- Thompson Atlanta
- Thompson Savannah
- Thompson Nashville
- The Shay Culver City ( LA )
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells
- Andaz West Hollywood
- Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta Grand Suite
- Grand Hyatt Dubai
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Andaz Abu Dhabi
- Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
- Hyatt Centric Chicago
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Tokyo
- Andaz Shanghai
- Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta – all inclusive
- Alila Villas Uluwatu
Amex Offer: Spend $500USD get $100USD back in Canada
Remember that you need to add Amex Offers to your targeted card in order to enjoy the benefit and this deal is in USD not CAD.
- Spend $500USD or more and get $100USD back
- valid at participating Hyatt Canadian Properties
- Statement credit is $100
- Must be room rate or room charges
- Reservations must be made directly via Hyatt.com, the World of Hyatt mobile app, the hotel directly or a Hyatt call center
- Excludes gift card purchases, World of Hyatt point purchases, bookings made through Hyatt Travel, Hyatt vacations, or MGM. Offer not valid on Hyatt Residence Club and Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date
- Valid until 5/15/23
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Hyatt Hotels & Resorts properties in Canada. Reservations must be made directly with Hyatt Hotels & Resorts at hyatt.com, via the World of Hyatt mobile application, or by calling 1-800-233-1234. Visit hyatt.com/search/Canada for a list of participating locations. Excludes purchases of gift cards. Not valid on purchases of bonus points or on transactions made with Hyatt partners. Excludes Hyatt Residences, timeshares and all locations outside of Canada. Not valid on transactions made at restaurants, spas or amenities. Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 5/15/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items/services from your qualifying purchase have been provided by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your purchase as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account. The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Amex Offers are available for varying and limited periods of time and are dynamic and personalized. If you navigate away from the Amex Offers page, you may see different offers when you return. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K52N:0001
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.