We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
I’m a big fan of the Amex Business Platinum and have kept it as part of my Amex portfolio for several years now. It comes with a monster grip of perks that help offset the annual fee of $595 – Annual fee goes to $695 (Rates and fees) if application is received on or after 1/13/22, but when serious welcome offers come around, it’s well worth considering if you haven’t picked one up for your business yet. This is a fantastic referral offer to the American Express Business Platinum, but requires a hefty $15k spend in 3 months.
Amex Business Platinum Referral Link
Here’s how it works with our site:
Referrals are how I make upwards of 500k points a year, but it’s also how I can help you out. Since I’m constantly trying to use points on my travel for the site, I cycle through my referrals first, and usually very quickly I max out. I then work my friends and family through the site, and finally, I start adding your links that you leave below into the body of this article. I leave them up for a few weeks and then cycle in another one. You can also leave referrals for the Amex Green, Amex Aspire, Amex Platinum, Amex Biz Platinum, and Amex Biz Gold.
Also…keep an eye out for promotions on my YouTube channel where I give away placement on my various referral pages. Our last winner Ism was able to max out he and his wife in roughly 3 weeks and that was only with placement on one referral page.
Also…You’ll do best if you leave a link for the card mentioned in the post. So if you want to leave for Amex Gold…go to the Amex Gold page, etc. You’re welcome to leave it here, but I’m not seeing much action when they aren’t correlated, and I won’t use it in the body of the article since I have to then dig through your link to populate it for this mentioned card.
A list of the benefits we value the most
- $200 Incidental Airline Credit with your specified airline ( enrollment required )
- $170 Clear statement credit (enrollment required )
- $400 Annual Dell credit ( split $200 each 6 months of the year – enrollment required )
- Centurion Club Lounge Access
- 50% bonus on purchases over $5k
- 1.5x on up to $2 Million at select categories
- Electronics goods, retailers, software, and cloud service providers
- Construction materials and hardware supplies
- Shipping providers
- 35% back on points redeemed on your airline of choice/premium cabin tickets ( enrollment required )
- 5x points on flights purchased in Amex Travel
- $360 Indeed credit ( enrollment required )
- get $90 per quarter, Up to $360 annual statement credit
- on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services
- $150 Adobe credit ( enrollment required )
- : $150 annual statement credit on select purchases,
- Adobe Creative Cloud, creative apps and services, and Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign.
- $595 annual fee
A few things that differentiate an Amex Business Platinum vs Amex Platinum
- 50% bonus on all purchases over $5k
- An increased valuation of all your Membership Rewards when you redeem on your airline of choice, or premium cabins
- 35% back equates to roughly 1.55 cents per point
- $200 Dell credit vs $200 Saks credit
- split into 2, $100 6 months credits
Things to consider
American Express awards welcome offers once in a lifetime, and has recently cracked down on self referrals, so if you’re going to sign up, I’d suggest using a link other than your own, and you’re free to leave your links in the comments section of this post.
American Express has also tightened their classification of “incidental airline credit,” and now excludes airline gift card purchases which used to trigger the credit. Widely, this is no longer the case. Take that into consideration regarding the airline credit.
American Express is very friendly to businesses and new business owners, so even if you don’t have an EIN, but you operate a business as a sole proprietor, you’re welcome to sign up.
- Examples –
- Buy/Sell Ebay, Amazon, etc
- AirBnb rentals, management
- Run a blog
Great Uses of Membership Rewards – make sure you read our BEST USES
Transfer to Avianca and fly Lufthansa First Class for 87k points
Use BA Avios and upgrade into Business or First Class – can be done LAX to LHR for just 25k points
Fly in one of the best Business Classes to Europe via Air France – booked for 55k points
The list goes on and on
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else (beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out (previously 2x – beginning 8/16/21)
♥3x on select streaming (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs -(beginning 8/16/21)
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary (beginning 8/16/21)
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points. (beginning 8/16/21)