Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Update: Current Offer is now 40k 1/10/19
If you’re a reward geek, yesterday was quite the big deal – it was certainly marked on our calendar with stars and stickers and unicorns stamps. Amex released their newly rebranded Amex Gold card and I’d say they hit every nail on its head. It’s hands down the best dining/food card on the market. You can read about all the details in this post, but shortly after the public links were released, news broke that referrals were actually giving out higher welcome offers.
I had been targeted for a 50k offer on the old Premier Rewards Gold a couple of weeks ago and applied, but hadn’t yet received my card. Yesterday it came, today I loaded it onto my profile, and I can indeed confirm that Amex is populating 50k referrals (twice the public offer ).
If you’re interested in the card you can click : American Express Gold 50k Offer after $2k
Here’s a list of Benefits:
- 4x points at restaurants
- 4x points at US supermarkets ( up to $25k a year )
- 3x points on flights purchased directly with the airline or Amex Travel
- 1x on all other purchases
- $120 Dining Credit at select restaurants
- Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and participating Shake Shack locations. Excludes Shake Shack locations in ballparks, stadiums, airports and racetracks.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit
- Annual Fee is $250
- 25k point welcome bonus after $2k spend in 3 months
- Referrals are giving out 50k!
- 20% back on restaurant spend
- statement credit – up to $100 – finished by January 9th, 2019 ( must be done in first 3 months of card membership)
If you do get the card – remember to activate your dining credit and airline credit
What can 50k American Express MR get you?
One of the best redemptions is utilizing Amex transfer partner Etihad. Etihad has a more advantageous chart for American flights than does AA on their own metal. That means that this 50k welcome offer alone could fly you on AA from the US to Europe or South America in business class. Pretty awesome huh?