We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We post a lot of Amex Offers because I still think they are one of the most overlooked benefits of carrying an Amex. Hotels have been something Amex has had some great offers on, but I can’t remember ever getting an Amex Offer that targets the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts AND The Hotel Collection programs. We saw a FHR Amex Offer last year similar to this, but this one now includes The Hotel Collection.
While it does require quite a hefty $850 minimum spend, you’ll either get $200 back, or 20k Amex points depending on the offer you’re targeted for.
This is only valid on a prepaid stays, but don’t forget, when you prepay an Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts property you’ll earn 5x times when you pay with an Amex Plat or Business Plat.
Stack with Amex Platinum $200 FHR/THC credit
Also… Amex Platinum comes with a $200 annual hotel credit valid at both FHR and The Hotel Collection and this should stack.
A prepaid stay earn 5x points so at $850 you’d get:
- 4250 Amex points
- $200 Amex Offers credit
- $200 Amex Platinum credit
Not too shabby!
Amex Offers In general
I find throughout the year the savings that can be had by adding Amex Offers to your targeted cards can outweigh your annual fee without taking any other benefits into consideration. Maybe not the entirety of the $1200+ that I pay in Amex Annual fees from my 6 cards, but every bit helps.
Here are the 9 American Express Cards that I keep and links to their current offers and why we have them in our wallet and recommend your consideration.
- American Express Platinum
- American Express Gold
- 3x American Express Business Platinum
- 2x American Express Business Gold
- American Express Blue Business
- American Express Blue Business Plus
Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts Spend $850 get $200 offer
- Targeted to Platinum cardholders
- Spend $850 get $200
- Expires 11/12/22
- Includes The Hotel Collection properties
- Only US Website
- Not valid on car or cruise bookings, phone orders, transactions made via online chat, or bookings made with a travel specialist or agency. Excludes the flight portion of a flight+hotel package and purchases of gift cards, travel insurance, or travelers cheques
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued Consumer Platinum Cards®. Business
Platinum Cards®, Centurion® Cards and Business Centurion® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American
Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for
prepaid hotel bookings labeled as Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection properties made directly with American Express Travel
through amextravel.com, the Amex® App, or by calling the phone number on the back of your eligible Card. Qualifying transactions must total
a minimum of $850 by 11/12/2022, in accordance with these terms, to be eligible for a one-time $200 statement credit. Excludes car rental or
cruise bookings, online chat transactions, flight bookings, flight+hotel packages, gift cards, travel insurance, and travelers’ cheques. Valid only
to US Card Members. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. is acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers and is not
responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. Certain suppliers pay us commission and other incentives for reaching sales targets
or other goals and may provide incentives to our travel consultants. For more information visit www.americanexpress.com/travelterms.
California CST#1022318; Washington UBI#600-469-694. For more information on Fine Hotels + Resorts, visit www.amextravel.com/featured-
hotel-searches. For more information on The Hotel Collection, visit https://hotel-booking.americanexpress.com/en-us/thc/welcome. Offer is
non-transferable. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
80k offer in branch currently – I think this should be online soon
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
Super solid welcome offer.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
There is currently an 80k offer after $4k spend in 3 months available in branch, and up to 90k after $6k spend in 6 months. I suspect some version of this will be online soon if you don’t want the hassle of going into a branch.
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 60k is a very, very good offer. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back. .
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.