We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
BAM! 80k Chase Ink Business Preferred coming soon!
Here’s a ditty about Chase and Amex, two American banks tryin’ to win the heartland. I’m from Indiana so peeling off John Mellancamp melodies is in my blood. This battle, which Chase is winning, is certainly reaping its rewards ( heh heh) for us consumers. The Chase Ink Business Preferred has been widely reported across the ethos, but the story was originally reported on Bloomberg. And I’m falling on the ” this is a win” rather than the pessimistic side of this debate. But MY GOODNESS! Another big time sign up bonus from Chase?! It’s just body blow after body blow to Amex, and Chase has landed another with the 80k Chase Ink Business Preferred coming soon!
The Deets from the Bloomberg
- 80k Bonus after 5k spend
- We don’t know the release date yet
- First $150k earns 3x on Travel, travel, telecommunications (Internet, Phone, Cable), shipping and advertising on social-media and search engines
- For Travel, The Points Guy reports, that this applies to Flights, Hotels, Taxis, Trains
- It may or may not replace the Ink Plus (but the leading thought is it will)
- Consensus is 5/24 will be at play here although nothing confirmed (it does apply to Ink Plus and Ink Cash)
My Quick Thoughts
Time to get an Ink Plus if you haven’t done so yet and are under 5/24, are Chase Private Client, or are pre-approved in branch.
- The Ink Plus earns 5x on telecommunications and office supply stores up to $50k a year. 5x earning for all phone bills, cable, and internet is an amazing earn rate. There is a 70k in branch offer right now that, if I could, I would seize. No one ones if this card is going away, but I’d hedge my bet, and get one to be safe.
3x category bonus earning, up to $150k, is incredible.
I know a lot of business owners out there that spend a lot of money in those categories. Especially social media. The Chase Ink Business Preferred is a no-brainer for them.
80,000 bonus points gets you a lot! The sign up bonus, alone, is worth it.
I spent 80k Singapore Air Krisflyer miles to book a $10k Lufthansa First Class ticket a couple weeks ago. It was absolutely incredible. Since Singapore Air is a transfer partners of Chase…when this bad boy hits the market you can book it too, with just this one sign up bonus.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike because it earns 3-5x on select categories + Enjoy 5x on groceries up to $12k a year + $200/20k welcome bonus and no annual fee!
♥ Earn 20k Bonus Points or $200 after $500 Spend in 3 months
♥5x on travel booked with Chase Travel, 5x on rotating quarterly categories ( capped at $1500 per quarter )
♥5x on grocery stores, up to $12k ( no Target/WalMart) on your first 12 months of cardmembership
♥3x on all dining and qualifying delivery apps
♥0% interest on new purchases for 15 months