We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
I’ve written about the Ink Business Cash and its benefits, but I received some questions as to whether or not people would be eligible if they already carried an Ink Business Cash for a separate business they owned. This is the exact situation I was in, and although I was 99.9999999% positive it qualified, I wanted to report back as my bonus just cleared. I held an Ink Business Cash for a business that holds an EIN, and then applied for a business that is a sole proprietorship.
Here’s what you should keep in mind.
Usually Chase will allow you to hold two of the same card as a result of a downgrade, but they won’t let you hold a card, and then apply for the same card again. This isn’t the case for business cards who meet the following criteria…
- I believe it needs to have been more than 24 months if you want to get a bonus
- I had never received a bonus for my first Ink Cash as it was downgraded from an old Ink Plus so I was in the clear
- There are some conflicting reports where people have used two separate EINs within the same month to apply and have received bonuses. If you have info on this and have received a bonus, please let me know.
- If you’re using Different tax IDs it doesn’t seem to be a problem signing up, getting approved, and receiving a bonus if:
- Prior Ink Business Cash was an EIN, new one was Sole Proprietor or vice versa
- using Different EINs – this should work fine
- If two Sole Proprietorships are using the same SSN…I don’t think it would work…Data Points anyone?
*Remember if the Ink Business Cash is paired with an Ultimate Rewards earning card you can convert your cash back into Ultimate Rewards:
This is good news for customers, like me, who operate two legitimate business and want to keep expenses separate.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
This is an amazing premium card offering a stand out welcome offer that could earn you 225k points! Our favorite perk is the oustanding 10x bonus points on gas and groceries for 6 months and up to $15k spend! It’s pumped full of perks and travel benefits we love.
♥ Earn 75k points welcome offer after spending $5000 in 6 months
♥10x on gas and groceries, up to $15k, for first 6 months of card membership
♥5x flights booked via Amex Travel and directly with airlines
♥Amazing annual credits: $200 Uber credits, $200 Airline incidental fees, and $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit
♥Comped Hotel Status: Marriott Gold + Hilton Gold
♥Over 20 transfer partners to achieve aspirational flights and hotel redemptions