We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hyatt has dropped a new promo targeting their MGM partners in Vegas. Between July 13th and October 15th, 2022 World of Hyatt members can earn double points on 13 Las Vegas MGM Resorts. Y’all need to register here
- Must Register
- Valid between July 13th and October 15th
- Must be an eligible stay
- member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay
- You will earn 5x base + 5x bonus + whatever Elite status you have
Full Terms and Conditions
You must be a member of World of Hyatt and the MGM Rewards program to participate in this offer. Members must register for the offer between July 13, 2022 and October 15, 2022 (“Offer Period”) and provide both membership numbers to participate. To register for the offer or join World of Hyatt, visit the offer landing page. Eligible stays under this offer must have a checkout date during the Offer Period. You will receive five (5) World of Hyatt Base Points and five (5) World of Hyatt Bonus Points per eligible USD for each eligible stay at participating MGM Rewards Las Vegas destinations during the Offer Period. Offer not valid at Hyatt hotels and resorts or Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties. For the purpose of this offer, an “eligible stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check-in and choose World of Hyatt Points for each stay. Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for World of Hyatt Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. This offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. The trademarks Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. © 2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.