We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Flying Blue Promo for May 2022
Up until the pandemic, every month Air France/KLM Flying Blue would release a group of cities that offer reduced mileage requirements for travel on Air France and KLM. Well…they are FINALLY coming back on long haul routes which is great news! On top of that, Chase is currently running a 25% transfer bonus to FlyingBlue through May 15th, and Citi just dropped a 25% bonus as well through May 20th.
Just make sure you check the terms because you can’t cancel Promo awards and for a limited time they are changeable, but that could change at any point.
What are Air France/ KLM Flying Blue Promo Awards?
Flying Blue Promo awards offer discounts on some select routes across an array of booking classes. They have to booked in the month they debut, but can be booked often times several months into the future.
Note, you must book these deals in the month of May, but dates of travel go until the end of September. Details here
A look at the deals to/from Europe – Dubai in biz?
We don’t have deals like we have in the past ( Chicago for 58k roundtrip in biz, or Houston to Europe for 39.5k ), in fact, I did some searches and didn’t find any premium cabins discounted out of the States to Europe…but if you’re thinking of Economy – 16,500 isn’t too bad, especially if you can stack with a transfer bonus
I did find some very good deals in business class to Dubai from Europe, but the taxes and fees are super high especially when departing out of London. You’ll see a reduction down to the $200 range if you depart of Dublin.
Chase and Citi both have 25% transfer bonuses running – 54k Roundtrip to Dubai from Europe In Business Class
You’d need 67,500 miles to fly roundtrip with this promo in business class which just so happens to be 54k Chase or Citi points if you take advantage of the transfer bonuses.
You may have some Air France/KLM Flying Blue Miles and not realize it
Flying Blue is a transfer partner of 6 different transferrable point currencies and are some of the easiest miles to accrue as a result.
- American Express
- Capital One
You can convert any of the
Our favorite credit cards to earn those points that can be transferred
You can find a full list of cards on our Favorite Cards page, but these are tops of the tops.
Great uses of Air France/KLM Flying Blue Miles
Air France Business Class
There are many great uses, but in particular redeeming miles for Air France business class is a wonderful use. Normal rates begin at 53k miles – this is a super competitive rate, but keep in mind a couple hundred in taxes and fees will also apply
Starting as low as 61,500 miles and a couple hundred in taxes and fees its a great way to fly on a super cool product and pay fewer taxes and fees than Virgin Atlantic would charge
KLM Business Class
KLM offers world class service and a great business class – keep your eye out for the planes that offer reverse herringbone 1-2-1 configuration ( primarily the 787-9 ). I haven’t been lucky enough to fly it yet, but I have flown the 777 in a 2-2-2 configuration in a mini cabin and was pleasantly surprised. We did a quick hop from Singapore to Bali and it was great.
Terms and conditions
- Promo reward tickets must be booked via www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for minors travelling alone or when travelling with an infant under the age of 2, in these cases bookings must be made by calling customer service).
- Promo reward tickets can be changed free of charge until further notice in view of coronavirus situation. Promo reward tickets can’t be cancelled or refunded. For details, please contact customer service.
- Promo reward tickets are subject to the operating airline’s general conditions of carriage.
- Promo reward tickets are available for one-way and round-trip tickets paid with Miles (Promo reward tickets are not available for purchase with Miles & Cash).
- Promo reward tickets are subject to availability.
- Promo reward tickets for medium- and short-haul flights depart from or arrive in Paris or Amsterdam.
- Promo reward tickets for long haul-flights depart from or arrive in Europe, as defined by IATA as the following countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Austria, Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, West Russia.
- Due to COVID-19 we have an updated rebook policy for Promo rewards, which you can read here: https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/rebook-policy
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.