We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mastercard World Elite benefits you probably don’t know about
Did you know that you may have credit card benefits you don’t even know about? Check and see if your card has a Mastercard World Elite emblem on it…if it does, you may have a bunch of benefits included. Let’s take a look!
Mobile Phone Insurance
File this under… may apply to your card. Many Mastercard World and World Elite credit cards have mobile cell phone insurance. You’ll need to check with your specific card, but here is a link to the full benefits. For instance, The Bilt Rewards Mastercard World Elite and the Chase Freedom Flex are two no annual fee cards that have it whereas none of the Chase IHG cards have it any more.
You can check your credit card number here
C. Coverage limitations: Coverage for a Stolen or damaged Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions, and limits of liability of this benefit. The maximum liability is $600 per claim for World Mastercard, and $1,000 per Covered Card per 12 month period. Each claim is subject to a $50 deductible. Coverage is limited to two (2) claims per Covered Card per 12 month period. Coverage is excess of any other applicable insurance or indemnity available to you. Coverage is limited only to those amounts not covered by any other insurance or indemnity. In no event will this coverage apply as contributing insurance. This “noncontribution” clause will take precedence over a similar clause found in other insurance or indemnity language.
Lyft Take 3 rides get $5 a month credit
Here’s the deal:
- Enroll here
- Every month that you take 3 rides with Lyft and pay with your World Elite Mastercard…you’ll get a $5 credit towards future rides
- $5 credit expires after 30 days
- Runs until September 30th, 2022
Click the Image to Enroll
3 months free DashPass
How it works:
- Get 3 months free, then it automatically renews for $9.99 a month
- Cancel anytime
- Get $0 delivery fees when you order over $12
- Groceries over $25
- Avail until 9/30/22
Get 2 day shipping via ShopRunner
ShopRunner isn’t associated every store, but you’ll see it quite often, and I use it all the time with Saks Off 5th and Bloomies.
Personally I still love going to the movies, getting my popcorn, a frozen coke and escaping for a couple of hours. If you pay with your World Elite Mastercard, for every $20 you spend, you’ll earn $5 in Fandango Rewards. Not too shabby!
- You need to have a Fandango VIP account which is free and then order your tickets while logged in with your eligible World Elite Mastercard
Here’s a list of common World Elite Mastercards
- Bilt Rewards Mastercard
- Chase Freedom Flex
- Citi Premier
- Citi Prestige
- Citi Executive Aadvantage World Elite Mastercard
- Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select World Elite
- Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard from Bank of America
- Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard from Barclaycard
Affiliate link via Card Ratings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.