Many of the listings that appear on MonkeyMiles are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Review: Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
It’s no secret that Miles and I enjoy a good Afternoon Tea. We love them so much that we’ve created an entire category dedicated to Afternoon Tea. Being complete hotel geeks, Afternoon Tea provides an easy way to “experience” the hotel, but also kick back, enjoy something from another era, and maybe even sip an adult drink 😉 I’d intended to check out the Afternoon Tea offerings in both Taipei and Saigon, but time and schedule got the best of us. However, Siem Reap was a different situation and we were able to take advantage of an absolutely incredible experience: Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap.
Afternoon Tea or “High Tea” as the Park Hyatt Siem Reap calls it is served in The Library:
The price is $25 per person and I believe the hours are from 2-5pm. We didn’t have reservations and called downstairs around 4:40 to see if they could work us in…no problem! We headed downstairs and they had a table already set aside for us.
Here’s a quick peek at the menu:
They removed the bacon from the quiche as I don’t eat meat. In fact, any request could have been fulfilled. Service was top notch!
A little Brosé and tea to start. I went with a Khmer styled tea.
This is where the High Tea got amazing.
The food was UH-MAZING. Top to bottom it was delicious. And I’m not talking good for a high tea, I’m talking fresh, unique, flavorful, and if they were to serve it stand-alone, I’d order it all again. It was truly superb. I like High Teas for the experience, the sweet treats, and scones, not necessarily for savory offerings. THIS was truly a culinary delight. They nailed it.
Typically the Scones, clotted cream, and jam are the calling card of most High Teas. Nothing against the homemade clotted cream, scones, and jam, but it was the other food offering that impressed me most.
The Crab Cakes were soooooooo good. As was the veggie quiche. And the mixed grilled veggie and feta baguettes. Seriously, I couldn’t eat it fast enough.
The served the egg salad on a pretzel roll. Genius. And a minced seafood salad on baguette. The food had an interesting french flair with South East Asian flavors. IT WAS NEXT LEVEL.
The spring rolls were good as well, but the other two sandwiches were incred.
And of course the Scones, clotted cream, and jam were good too.
The sweets weren’t slouching. My faves were the Macaroons and Pandan Creme Brulee. WOWAWEEWA
Recommendation – $25?! Expensive for Siem Reap, but an incredible deal compared to 5 star offerings around the globe.
It’s 5 stars people.
Whether you stay at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap or not, I’d say you should DEFINITELY indulge in some Afternoon Tea action. It’s a great blend of what you’d traditionally expect from an afternoon tea with Cambodia’s twist. The flavors were rich, fresh, but not overwhelming, and the service was on point. I love seeing how different cultures will input their own identities onto something derived elsewhere, and this was a great interpretation.
This review is a part of the Trip Report: Miles Traces his roots in Southeast Asia
- Delta SkyClub Indianapolis IND
- Delta First Class IND-LAX
- Amex Centurion Pop-UP TBIT
- China Air Business Class 777-300ER LAX-TPE
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Club Lounge Review
- Taipei 101 Tour
- EVA Air Infinity lounge TPE
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A1
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A
- EVA Royal Laurel Business Class TPE – SGN
- Vietnamese Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Breakfast
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Ho Chi Minh City
- Orchid Lounge SGN
- Cambodian Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Viator Ankor Wat Private Tour
- Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Dragon Legend Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Hanoi Hilton
- ACV Business Lounge Hanoi
- Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
- Louis Tavern CIPFirst Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Business Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Japan Airlines Business Class 787-8 BKK-NRT
- American Airlines Admirals Club Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER NRT-ORD