We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
One of the great many perks of the American Express Platinum card ( any variation ) is access to its globally growing Centurion lounge collection. The Hong Kong outpost has been on my list to visit for quite a while, and despite two prior trips through the airport, I hadn’t carved out the time to give it a gander. That all changed this last time through as we didn’t have access to Cathay’s top notch lounges, and had some extra time to kill between flights.
- When: August 2018
- Where: Hong Kong Terminal 1
- Access: Amex Platinum or Centurion
- 2 guests, 3 Centurion
- Hours: 5:30am to 12:30am
- Wifi: yes
- Shower: yes
The Hong Kong Centurion lounge in terminal 1, upstairs, near gate 60 and you can take an elevator or an escalator to its entrance.
After checking in you’ll walk down a hallway with a work center and a conference room.
Once you round the corner you’ll see the main lounge. One thing I immediately noticed that was different from almost every other Centurion lounge I’ve visited was how relatively uncrowded it was. We were there around 730 or 8pm – so pretty peak times and it wasn’t an absolute madhouse. Yes, it’s busy, but if you compare it to what Miami or SFO looks like at this time…
Food and bar options:
Centurion lounges always have an impressive looking bar, and Hong Kong is no different offering one that is aesthetically pleasing as well curated drink options by Jim Meehan of Mandarin Oriental fame.
At the very back of the lounge are the food options. Typical buffet style that you’ll see at other Centurion lounges – seating is adjacent to the the dining area.
The Amex Centurion Lounge Hong Kong is a great addition to the overall portfolio of Centurion offerings. Having just been to Club Autus it was a nice comparison to make head to head. I’d give the Centurion lounge the nod on this one. Incredible bar with interesting drinks choices, fast wifi, and fresh and delicious looking food.
Want to read more of our #weekendwarrior trip to Bangkok and Back for 600 Bucks?
- Los Angeles International Lounge
- Hong Kong Airlines Business Class A350 Los Angeles to Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines business class lounge – Club Autus
- American Express Centurion Lounge – Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines A330 Business Class Hong Kong to Bangkok
- Waldorf Astoria Bangkok during its soft opening
- What it’s like eating in Asia’s #1 Restaurant – Gaggan
- Bangkok’s floating markets – Dumnoen
- Diora Spa – Thai massage and Ayurvedic treatments
- Peninsula Bangkok – Grand Deluxe Suite with River View
- Smalls Bar – the hidden Sathorn IT bar
- Miracle Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Sky City Marriott Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airlines Business Class A350 Hong Kong to Los Angeles
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
Capital One lit the premium card market on fire when it dropped this card. It quickly was added to our wallet for the following reason!
♥ Earn 100k Bonus Points after $10k Spend in 6 months
♥$300 Annual Travel credit within Capital One Travel Portal
♥2x on every single purchase without limit
♥10x on hotels and car rentals purchased via Capital One Travel
♥5x on airfare purchased within Capital One Travel
♥Erase any travel purchase off your card at a penny a piece with Capital One Travel Eraser
- Access to the Capital One lounge network
- Priority Pass access ( including restaurants for you and two guests ) Authorized Users have access as well
♥ 10k Anniversary Miles every year you keep the card – worth $100 in Capital One Travel or transferred to partners
♥$395 Annual Fee
If you spend more than $400 a year on travel, you’ll quickly offset the annual fee with the $300 travel credit and 10k anniversary bonus. The rest is gravy. And you can add up to 4 Authorized Users fee free!