We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Review: Delta First Class IND-LAX “tempted by the fruit of another”
Currently I hold American Executive Platinum and Alaska Air MVP Gold 75k status so I’m obviously not a regular Delta flier. In fact, the last time I flew Delta was about 2 years ago when I had a back surgery and I was heavily medicated…and it still felt quite antiquated. Boy, oh boy, have things changed. The first leg on my trip to Trace Miles’ Roots in Southeast Asia was aboard Delta First Class IND-LAX. Let’s just say…I’ve been tempted by the fruit of another.
The total itinerary was IND-LAX-TPE with the first leg aboard Delta’s domestic first class, and the 2nd leg in business class on China Airlines 777-300ER. I was really excited to fly both legs, and the Delta leg was quite a nice surprise.
- When: December 28, 2016
- Airline: Delta
- Route: IND-LAX
- Flight: DL 885
- Plane: 737-900
- Duration: 5 hours
- Class: First Class
- Seat: 2C
- Program: Delta
- Status: None
- Miles Redeemed: 80k + $5.60 ( continuing on to Taipei on China Airlines Business Class)
Miles was kitted out in his BoardingArea ScottEvest and ready to get to the gate!
Not gonna lie…seat looked new and quite nice. Especially the 3 pillows they gave me that I didn’t sneakily pull down from the overhead bin space. Nope, I didn’t do that at all.
IFE and Power…
Wifi…yep, I wrote the SkyClub IND review whilst in-air. I loved that the light came on when it was available.
The food was WAY better than I expected. Multi-grain oatmeal was restaurant quality.
It’s too bad that I won’t be able to earn Alaska Air miles on Delta, often times this flight is cheaper than the AA flight, and this plane is much nicer than the A319 that services the LAX-IND route. The IFE was fantastic and the times are often more appealing. I’m certainly tempted by the fruit of another…but, earning status on AA and AS this year are my top priority.
This review is a part of the Trip Report: Miles Traces his roots in Southeast Asia
- Delta SkyClub Indianapolis IND
- Delta First Class IND-LAX
- Amex Centurion Pop-UP TBIT
- China Air Business Class 777-300ER LAX-TPE
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Club Lounge Review
- Taiepei 101 Tour
- The Club EVA Air lounge TPE
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A1
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A
- EVA Royal Laurel Business Class TPE – SGN
- Vietnamese Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Breakfast
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Ho Chi Minh City
- Orchid Lounge SGN
- Cambodian Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Viator Ankor Wat Private Tour
- Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Dragon Legend Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Hanoi Hilton
- ACV Business Lounge Hanoi
- Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Lounge First Class Bangkok BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Lounge Business Class Bangkok BKK
- Japan Airlines Business Class 787-8 BKK-NRT
- American Airlines Admiral’s Club Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER NRT-ORD
- Tip on how to fly standby the day before your flight
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases