We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Review: Orchid Lounge SGN
The Orchid Lounge is a bit dated, nice, BUT in a rare occurrence, I was told not to take any pictures. I still snuck a few in, but I apologize in advance for not having the usual quantity of photos. We had an early departure to Siem Reap and arrived at the lounge with about 15-20 mins to kill. I thought it’d be a great opportunity to check out another Priority Pass Lounge and snap a few quick pics. We’d already had an INCREDIBLE breakfast from room service at the Park Hyatt Saigon so we grabbed a juice and enjoyed the Orchid Lounge SGN for a bit.
It’s easy to miss the lounge.
The entrance is tucked down a small hallway in between gates 10-14 and 17. You’ll walk down a small little hallway and take either the stairs or elevator to the entrance.
- When: January 2017
- Where: SGN ( Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City Airport)
- Hours: 6am to 2am daily
- Access: Priority Pass from Citi Prestige
- Below is a list of all the programs that will gain you access.
Aerial shot of the lounge
The views are pretty awesome, the appointments a bit older, and as you can see – a lot of space. The lounge was basically empty, and I’m not sure if that was a result of it being hard to find, or something else. The rest of the airport was quite busy, so it wasn’t a lack of traffic, but there were plenty of seats avail.
Hot food options
I was stuffed and didn’t have any of the food and it was about this time that I was told to shut it down. There were noodles, rice, and a couple of meat options. At the end there were a few salad selections and another table had a small selection of fruit.
Private work space:
Shhhhhhh, When no one was looking I snapped another pic of the work area. Private, plenty of room, and a internet access.
Another sneaky pic. Lychee Juice. SOOOOOO good
The last covert pic…the view. Nice to kick back for a few mins, drink an exotic juice, enjoy the bright sunny day, watch some plane action, and get excited for Siem Reap!
This review is a part of the Trip Report: Miles Traces his roots in Southeast Asia
- Delta SkyClub Indianapolis IND
- Delta First Class IND-LAX
- Amex Centurion Pop-UP TBIT
- China Air Business Class 777-300ER LAX-TPE
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Club Lounge Review
- Taipei 101 Tour
- EVA Air Infinity lounge TPE
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A1
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A
- EVA Royal Laurel Business Class TPE – SGN
- Vietnamese Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Breakfast
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Ho Chi Minh City
- Orchid Lounge SGN
- Cambodian Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Viator Ankor Wat Private Tour
- Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Dragon Legend Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Hanoi Hilton
- ACV Business Lounge Hanoi
- Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
- Louis Tavern CIPFirst Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Business Class Lounge Bangkok BKK
- Japan Airlines Business Class 787-8 BKK-NRT
- American Airlines Admirals Club Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER NRT-ORD
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike because it earns unlimited 1.5x Ultimate Rewards with no annual fee.
♥ Earn 20k Bonus Points or $200 after $500 Spend in 3 months
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel
♥3x on dining and drugstores
♥1.5x on all purchases, unlimited