We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Review: Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
If you’ve been following along with this series then you’re probably aware that the return routing from Southeast Asia to Indiana was not only the impetus behind the trip, but in the end, the hardest aspect to plan and find avail. ANYTHING FOR FIRST CLASS!!!!!! We booked a ticket last March before AA devalued that put us in International First Class for 67,500 Miles. I know, DROOL! That ticket got bumped around a lot – I wrote a very lengthy post on the routing and planning of the trip and would recommend reading if you have any interest. The day before we left all pieces of the puzzle fell into place. This Qatar Business Class 777-300ER flight from Hanoi to Bangkok was the final piece to fall into place on our return routing and despite it only being a couple hours, I was VERY excited to experience it.
Hey there big guy
That’s one attractive bird.
- When: January 2017
- Routing: Hanoi to Bangkok
- Flight Time: 1:55
- Flight Number: QR 835
- Loyalty: Aadvantage ( 67,600 for HAN-BKK-NRT-ORD-IND in Biz/1st)
- Seat: 3J
Open the doors and where’s all the people? I love an open cabin, more attention on meeeeeeeee 😉
The cabin was wide open and I didn’t really know how much I’d like the cabin layout 2-2-2. Not every seat has aisle access and I’d read a lot of reviews online that complained about the seat comfort.
I did not share those sentiments.
Um, yes, could I have 3 windows please with my pre-flight drink, and then most of the rest of the cabin for the flight. Thank you!
The no-aisle access would be a pain, but the seat was very comfortable and SUPER long. I’m 6′ and Dave is 6’2 and neither of us had any problem with the length and the width was great too. Yes, of course I laid down on a 2 hour flight.
More seat pics and controls:
Pre-flight Rosé. That was a first for me. LOVED IT
This was a very short flight, and I certainly didn’t expect a lot of “soft-product.” This was a very nice treat
Our short flight menu
This was my favorite part. The uber sexy lighting of the cabin. Went perfectly with my Rosé
Seriously, when we landed in Bangkok I wanted to skip out of the rest of our trip and go straight to a nightclub. Although I was listening to the Chainsmokers, drinking Rose, and high fiving my best friend in premium lie-flat splendor. Can you feel like you’re winning life any more? 😉
The food presentation:
These puff pastries were AB-SO-LUTE-LY delicious.
We only had 2 hours, but it made me want to fly Qatar again as soon as possible.
I’m so glad we routed back home this way. We were fortunate to experience a new product for just enough time to whet out palates for another trip. The future most certainly holds a Qatar business or first class flight, and I’m looking forward to turning that future into a present…er rather the present. 🙂
AND…Fast Pass in Bangkok. L-O-V-E
This review is a part of the Trip Report: Miles Traces his roots in Southeast Asia
- Delta SkyClub Indianapolis IND
- Delta First Class IND-LAX
- Amex Centurion Pop-UP TBIT
- China Air Business Class 777-300ER LAX-TPE
- Grand Hyatt Taipei
- Grand Hyatt Taipei Club Lounge Review
- Taipei 101 Tour
- EVA Air Infinity lounge TPE
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A1
- Plaza Premium Lounge TPE Zone A
- EVA Royal Laurel Business Class TPE – SGN
- Vietnamese Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Breakfast
- Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Ho Chi Minh City
- Orchid Lounge SGN
- Cambodian Visa on Arrival Experience
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Viator Ankor Wat Private Tour
- Afternoon Tea Park Hyatt Siem Reap
- Plaza Premium Lounge Siem Reap
- Intercontinental Hanoi
- Dragon Legend Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Hanoi Hilton
- ACV Business Lounge Hanoi
- Qatar Airways Business Class 777-300ER HAN-BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Lounge First Class Bangkok BKK
- Louis Tavern CIP Lounge Business Class Bangkok BKK
- Japan Airlines Business Class 787-8 BKK-NRT
- American Airlines Admiral’s Club Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge Tokyo NRT
- Japan Airlines First Class 777-300ER NRT-ORD
- Tip on how to fly standby the day before your flight
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers