We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Rumor Alert: Will Amex be making a big announcement on 10/5?
This is something that is being tossed around the threads on reddit. There isn’t a whole lot of substance to the rumor and the original poster has removed his post otherwise I’d give him a H/T. Here’s the skinny: the original poster was chatting up some girls at a bar. They happened to work for Amex and noticed his Sapphire Reserve and told him to keep an eye out for a big announcement on 10/5. I know…the rumor is loose and fast. But let’s have some fun because these rumors just keep getting juicier and juicier. First the Reserve, then 10x Freedom, and now this. Not that Miles wants this blog to turn into the National Enquirer, but should we have a little fun and try and guess 1) if it’s true, and 2) what will it be?
I’m gonna go with True. Cause why not? Amex needs to respond
I wrote a whole article about how much Amex needs to respond. Wait, I wrote two articles!
- Chase’s 5/24 rule is a huge opportunity for Amex
- Amex should respond to Chase Sapphire Reserve with Vigor
So will 10/5 be the day that Amex unleashes Vigor on Chase?
- Maybe Amex has been reading the blog and will Unveil the American Express Vigor
- It would be the first soft, plush, and brown premium card ever to hit the market: it would be the Amex version of Miles.
- It would be the most baller card of all time, obvs. People would be saying, “Reserve who? Gimme Vigor or Gimme Death!”
- Miles would become the brand ambassador: “More lux, Less bucks. Live your life with Vigor”
Ok That pipedream was all fun…but, seriously, what would be HUGE?
- they could get rid of the once in a lifetime clause on sign up bonuses for personal cards?
- Introduce public 100k personal offer?
- Amend and improve their benefits for Amex Plat to compete with Reserve?
- Better Priority Pass?
- 3x spend on everything
If there is a big announcement….What would you want it to be?
ps…if you wrote the original post on reddit and you’re reading this…lemme know. I’ll H/T you if you’d like.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers