We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amex Business Platinum comes with a litany of benefits, but carries a hefty fee of $595 a year. In order to to help during the pandemic, Amex proactively offered cardholders $200 appreciation credits as well as monthly $20 shipping, $20 mobile phone credits, and added another $200 in Dell credit. I ended up renewing my card at the end because frankly it offset most of the fee. A couple of days ago Amex announced that their personal Amex Platinum cardholders would receive $30 monthly PayPal credits that would last through June of 2021. We’ve been eagerly awaiting the news on whether we would see further incentives for Amex Business Platinum, and it appears we have the news: new 5x categories. Is this the everything we’ll see? Who knows, but it’s a good opportunity to earn a hefty amount of bonus points.
These incentives hit my Amex Offers:
All offers are for 4 bonus points, expire 6/30/21 and are capped at 80k. Additionally, you must have had your Amex Platinum since 11/1/2020.
- Office Supplies
While I’m sure I will rotate purchases on to my Amex Business Platinum…there is no way I’ll max these categories out. That’s a $20k cap per category. Definitely more than I’d spend in any single category.
Why we love Amex Business Platinum
It comes down to the benefits, but most specifically the increased point valuation in Amex Travel. While we prefer to use our points most often on transfer partners, knowing I get 1.55c on redemptions on premium cabins in Amex Travel, or my selected airline, make for great incentive.
- $200 Incidental Airline Credit with your specified airline
- $200 Annual Dell credit ( split $100 each 6 months of the year )
- Centurion Club Lounge Access
- 50% bonus on purchases over $5k
- 35% back on points redeemed on your airline of choice/premium cabin tickets
- 5x points on flights purchased in Amex Travel
- $595 annual fee
Of course the transfer partners are amazing
If you’re thinking of getting an Amex Business Platinum you should know you won’t have access to these increased category bonuses. Still interested? I’d highly check out our referral page where you can not only leave your link, but try your luck at multiple referral offers. At the time of writing, 95k referral welcome offers are populating.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
80k offer in branch currently – I think this should be online soon
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
Super solid welcome offer.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
There is currently an 80k offer after $4k spend in 3 months available in branch, and up to 90k after $6k spend in 6 months. I suspect some version of this will be online soon if you don’t want the hassle of going into a branch.
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 60k is a very, very good offer. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back. .
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.