We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Earlier in the year we learned that Chase had negotiated to add Air Canada Aeroplan as a transfer partner at some point in 2021. Well…that point has come. This is a wonderful addition to the Chase program and has loads of a great redemption sweet spots to keep you flying in luxury. Even better yet? It’s a partner of Amex, Cap1 and Marriott Bonvoy as well meaning if you’re a little short on points, you can transfer into Aeroplan from multiple programs.
here’s the new list of Chase Ultimate Reward transfer partners – don’t forget to check out our best uses of Chase points here
Chase cards we recommend
- Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering an incredible all time high time and is a great starter premium card, one that I actually carry, think this is a great card to view as your Chase cornerstone cad.
- Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Freedom Unlimited have amazing offers currently running and I would highly recommend both cards
- They were improved in September of 2020 and at least one should be in your wallet
- Chase Sapphire Reserve It’s also well worth your interest and includes many additional perks, but has a much higher annual fee of $550
- Chase Ink Business Preferred is one of the best business cards you can carry and I actually have two of them in my wallet ( different businesses )
- 3x on a litany of categories and earns transferrable points
- Chase Ink Business Cash
- rotating quartely 5x categories make this a great card to keep in your wallet to maximize spend
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- earn 1.5x on every dollar your business spends
How does the Aeroplan program work?
The Aeroplan program is divided into sections around the world and then within those sections there is a mileage based award chart.
Here are the sections around the world: North America, South America, Europe/Africa, and then Asia/South Pacific
Using North America as a base
Here are the 4 charts that would be most useful to you.
Stopovers for just 5k miles
This is a really cool perk…let’s say you want to fly business class from New York to South Africa it would cost you 100k miles ( 9k flown miles). You could fly from NYC to Frankfurt, stopover for a few days, take the Porsche out on the autobahn, come back to the airport, and then resume your trip to South Africa for 105k. That break could even be up to 30 days. Pretty cool.
Keep in mind if you can find a direct routing you could do it for just 85k miles.
What are some cool redemptions
Fly direct to South Africa in business class for 85k miles
US to Asia for 85k in business class – EVA Royal Laurel is fantastic
Fly to the Middle East on Etihad Business Studio for 85k
First Class to the Maldives in Etihad First Class for 130k
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.