We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com and CardRatings. This relationship may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
20% Transfer Bonus: Citi Thank You Points to Wyndham Rewards
Citi Thank You is currently running a 20% transfer bonus to Wyndham Rewards. If you’re thinking this is a big fat pass because you don’t have much use for Wyndham, you may be wrong. Wyndham Rewards is partnered with Vacasa vaction rentals, and you can redeem just 15k Wyndham Rewards per bedroom on a Vacasa Vacation rental. This is presents a fantastic redemption opportunity for families that may be looking for units with a kitchen, etc. Let’s take a look!
20% Citi Thank You transfer bonus to Wyndham Rewards
One thing to note, if you have a Wyndham Earner credit card from Barclay ( best deal found on my Best Offers Credit Card Spreadsheet ) you get a 10% discount on Wyndham Rewards stays. If you were to hold one of those cards alongside this offer…you’re looking at some very cheap Vacasa stays.
- Starts 8/20/23
- Ends 9/16/23
- 1000 Citi Thank You = 1200 Wyndham Rewards
Using Wyndham Rewards on Vacasa Property Rentals
One of the redemption options for Wyndham Rewards is Vacasa properties – you can find the complete list of included properties linked below. These cannot be booked online and you’ll need to call Wyndham to book.
- Find complete list of Vacasa Properties here
- If it costs less than $500 per night, per bedroom, it’s thought to be bookable.
- Call this number to book: 800-441-1034
- Must cancel outside of 30 days or forfeit all your points
Example in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico this fall/winter
Garza Blanca is a beautiful, oceanside, resort that has a condo element. This is an oceanfront 2 bedroom unit. As you can see this is a 4 night stay, found here, and would set you back $2689 this November. That’s $672 a night for a 2 bedroom, so it’d run you 30k Wyndham Rewards per night, or with this transfer bonus, 25k Citi Thank You points per night. That’s roughly 2.7 cents per point. If you had a Wyndham Earner card, you’d be looking at 27k per night, or 22,500 Citi Thank You per night. Wow…3 cents per point.
Citi Thank You Transfer Partners
Could be a great opportunity if you have a use for Wyndham Rewards in the near future, especially if you’re looking at Vacasa rentals
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
In Chase branch: 70k Points after $4k spend in 3 months ( make appt with banker –Information about this card has been collected independently by Monkey Miles. Card issuer is not responsible for the information or accuracy.)
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® is exceptional starter card and offers transferrable Ultimate Rewards, and pairs well with other Chase cards.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash® , Ink Business Unlimited® you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.