We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
IHG One Rewards promo Feb 9th to April 14th
IHG released a new IHG One Rewards promo that gives you the option to either earn 2k points every 2 nights you stay which is similar to one we saw run until the end of last year. I have a couple of IHG stays planned in the near future so I’ll be able to collect some extra points! Let’s take a look at the new promo – you need to register which you can do here
Here’s how many points you’d ordinarily earn with IHG as a member
Every single member earns between 5x and 10x points per dollar as a base rate
IHG One Rewards elite members earn the following bonuses
- Silver receive a 20% bonus
- Gold receive a 40% bonus or 11x
- Platinum receive a 60% bonus or 15x
- Spire receive a 100% bonus or 20x
Details on the current promotion – register here
- Runs between Feb 9th, 2023 to April 14th, 2023
- You will earn 2k bonus points after every 2 qualifying nights
- A “Qualifying Stay” is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible.
- Award rates don’t count
- *Terms apply. Resort fees may apply.
IHG credit cards
I keep two IHG credit cards: an old IHG Rewards Select that is no longer available and the IHG Premier. The Premier is a fantastic and includes a free night every year ( up to 40k points ) and a 4th night free when booking with points.
Chase IHG Premier
( Learn More )
I’ve been a member of IHG Ambassador for years and easily extract the $200 value each and every since on the free weekend night certificate alone. Here’s an upcoming look at a stay where I’m booking a suite and getting the second night free as a result of the status.
What are IHG points valued at?
I’d peg them at 1/2 of one penny or $0.005 per point. 10k points = $50.
Whether you’re planning IHG stays or not, it never hurts to register for promos so if you do end up staying, you can take advantage of the added value.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great starter card that earns Premium Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred into over a dozen partners many of which are US based.
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
80k offer in branch currently – I think this should be online soon
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
Super solid welcome offer.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash , Ink Business Unlimited you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
There is currently an 80k offer after $4k spend in 3 months available in branch, and up to 90k after $6k spend in 6 months. I suspect some version of this will be online soon if you don’t want the hassle of going into a branch.
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 60k is a very, very good offer. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back. .
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.