We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com and CardRatings. This relationship may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
IHG has been releasing promotions left, right, and center and they just dropped another one targeting the US and Mexico with they’re newer brands. I always register for these promotions regardless of whether I’ll take advantage. Ordinarily, the registration period is shorter than the promotional stay period so it always pays to register. This latest one allows registration throughout the stay period, but as you’ll see from other promos currently running, older promotions registration period has closed.
3x Points US and Mexico: Avid, Atwell Suites, EVEN, Garner
- Register 2/21/24 until 5/31/24
- Must stay between:
- 3/1/24 and 5/31/24
- US and Mexico Only
- Full Terms here
Zach how is the 3x calculated?
This is how its defined in the terms and conditions…basically add 20x to the base rate of the hotel price.
- One-night Qualifying Stay with a room rate of $100.00 at an IHG hotel with a 10 points per USD earn rate for base points, the member would earn 1,000 base points (10 points x $100 = 1,000 points) and an additional 2,000 promotional bonus points, for a total of 3,000 points
If you’re thinking of going all-inclusive, I’d take a look at this promo which could end up netting you 80k bonus points.
- Earn 40k IHG One Rewards every 4 nights at Iberostar Properties
- max 80k points
- Must book
- 2/1/24 through 2/19/24
- Must Stay:
- 2/20/24 through 5/20/24
- Register here
2k every two nights or 8k every 4 nights
There are two version of this offer currently targeted to people. I was emailed the 2k every 2 nights. IHG has run similar promos in the past whereby people could actually choose which version they wanted. I was only given the single offer. You do need to register, which you can do here.
- Register between 1/19/24 and 1/31/24
- Stay between 2/1/24 and 3/31/24
- 2k points after every 2 qualifying nights
- Or 8k after every 4 qualifying nights
- No cap on points you can earn
Here’s how many points you’d ordinarily earn with IHG as a member
Every single member earns between 5x and 10x points per dollar as a base rate
IHG One Rewards elite members earn the following bonuses
- Silver receive a 20% bonus
- Gold receive a 40% bonus or 11x
- Platinum receive a 60% bonus or 15x
- Spire receive a 100% bonus or 20x
Details on the current promotion – register here
- Runs between October 12th, 2023 to December 31st, 2023
- You will earn 2k bonus points after every 2 qualifying nights
- A “Qualifying Stay” is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible.
- Award rates don’t count
- *Terms apply. Resort fees may apply.
IHG credit cards
I keep two IHG credit cards: an old IHG Rewards Select that is no longer available and the IHG Premier. The Premier is a fantastic and includes a free night every year ( up to 40k points ) and a 4th night free when booking with points.
I’ve been a member of IHG Ambassador for years and easily extract the $200 value each and every since on the free weekend night certificate alone. Here’s an upcoming look at a stay where I’m booking a suite and getting the second night free as a result of the status.
What are IHG points valued at?
I’d peg them at 1/2 of one penny or $0.005 per point. 10k points = $50.
Whether you’re planning IHG stays or not, it never hurts to register for promos so if you do end up staying, you can take advantage of the added value.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
60k Points after $4k spend in 3 months
Transferrable Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3x on dining
- including eligible delivery services for takeout
- 3x on select streaming services
- 3x on online grocery purchases
- (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- 5x on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards – Chase Travel Portal
- 2x on all other travel
- $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel
- The begins immediately for new cardmembers and after your account anniversary for existing cardmembers
- 10% Anniversary Bonus
- Every year you keep the card, your total spend will yield a 10% points bonus. If you spend $10k in a year, you’ll get 1k bonus points
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® continues to redeem at 1.25c in the Chase Travel Portal and the slew of other benefits remain in tact including primary rental car insurance, purchase protections, etc.
- Points are transferrable to 13 Ultimate Rewards partners
- Redeem in the Chase Travel center for 1.25 cents per point
- No foreign transaction fees
- Suite of Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Primary rental car coverage is my favorite
We keep an up to date spreadsheet that lists the best ever offers: You can find that spreadsheet here.
Historically 80k is a very, very good offer and hit in both 2022 and 2023. In 2021, we saw the offer hit an all time high of 100k. Who knows if that will ever come back.
Cards that earn flexible points and should be used on the bulk of your purchases.
Cards that earn fixed points in the currency of the airline/hotel and can not be transferred at attractive rates. These cards yield benefits that make it worth keeping, but not necessarily worth putting a lot of your everyday spend on.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® is exceptional starter card and offers transferrable Ultimate Rewards, and pairs well with other Chase cards.
If you carry this card alongside Chase’s cashback cards like the Chase Freedom Flex℠and Chase Freedom Unlimited® or the business versions: Ink Business Cash® , Ink Business Unlimited® you can combine the points into Preferred account and transfer into hotel and airline partners
Annual fee is quite low at $95 a year + you get a 10% anniversary bonus on points + $50 hotel credit in Chase travel.