In the interest of full disclosure, Monkey Miles earns compensation through affiliate links and referrals. You do not have to use them, but we greatly appreciate your readership and support. We also participate in Amazon Affiliates. Please read my disclosure policy for further details.
IHG Data Breach at 12 properties
On February 3rd, IHG released a press statement following up on an announcement from December 28th that it was investigating unauthorized charges occurring at restaurants and bars of 12 company managed properties from August to December of 2016. IHG hired leading cyber security firms to investigate the matter and it looks like malware had been installed on servers of 12 hotel restaurants and bars. Their findings also showed that front desk information and credit cards had not been affected. PHEW! The full press release is here detailing the IHG Data breach at 12 properties and it includes some pretty popular spots at high end properties.
Here is a list of all the affected properties:
The Notables are
- Michael Jordan’s Steak House + ENO, Intercontinental Michigan Avenue Chicago
- Cafe Du Parc + Round Robin, Intercontinental Willard D.C.
- Luce + Bar 888, Intercontinental San Francisco
- Mari + Copper Lounge, Intercontinental LA Century City
- Knob Hill Club + Top of the Mark, Intercontinental Mark Hopkins
The full list from the press release:
We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have questions, please call 855-656-6586 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday.