We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
I’ve been sent this targeted offer a couple of times in the past month and thought many of you may be eligible. I currently have a Citi Thank You preferred card, as a result of downgrading a Citi Thank You Premier 3 years ago, and lo and behold…it paid off. Not only did it keep my Citi clock running, and points alive, but it may earn me even more points. I received a similar offer roughly 4 years ago for a Citi Gold account to earn 50k AA miles, took advantage of it, but this time around…Thank You points are the bonus.
Here’s the deal
- Earn 50k Citi Thank You points when
- Open a new Citi Priority Checking account by 9/30/19
- Spend $750 using the Citibank Debit Card associated with the account within 60 days of account opening
- Make 1 qualifying bill payment in 2 consecutive months within a 60 day window.
One major thing to note is that the account comes with a $30 per month service fee if you don’t maintain a $50k account balance. You can read about the features of Citi Priority Banking here
How I would go about achieving this.
I’d more than likely be looking to take advantage of the points because I like the bank I currently work with, but free points are fantastic.
- Deposit $1k into the account on September 15th
- This gives 2 weeks to get the ball rolling, receive my debit card, etc
- Two bill payments in consecutive months
- On September 30th I would pay half a utility bill due in Mid October
- On October 1st I would pay the other half of the same utility bill
- Early October I’d spend $750 on the debit card
- I have a couple larger expenses I’m planning to make so I’d just spend $750 on this card
The last time I did this it took 90 days to receive the bonus points. Worst case scenario, this means I’d end up paying 4 months at $30, or $120, to receive 50k Thank You points.
This goes along with the terms and conditions:
- ThankYou Points will be credited by Citibank to your existing ThankYou Member account within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete Required Activities. At the time the ThankYou® Points are to be credited to your existing ThankYou® Member account, your Citi/ThankYou® credit card account and the new Eligible Checking Account must both be open and in good standing. Fiduciary, estate, business and/or trust accounts are not eligible for this offer; however, trust accounts that are a Living Trust and Custodial accounts are eligible.Citibank may change or discontinue this offer at any time before this date without notice. Enrollment and participation in this promotion does not guarantee eligibility. All accounts subject to approval. APYs are variable and subject to change without notice after the account is opened.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases