We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
Two quick and easy tips that’ll get you an agent on the phone faster
Miles and I hate waiting through all the automated options when calling in, even when you’re a flipping Elite you can end up on hold for a long time – let alone when you’re trying to utilize miles on a transfer partner with no status. Pressing ‘0’ and ” * “seem to be pretty widely known. So we’ve found some nifty little tricks and tips that you may not know about.
- Say that you’ll take the survey afterwards
- I always get an agent quickly even if I don’t take the survey
- I recently did this when phoning AA on my transcon flight. I first called saying I wouldn’t participate…it said there was a wait. HUCA’d and said, ” Yes, I would participate” and got an agent in 20 seconds.
- Ask for the Spanish line
- They speak English as well
- This also proves they don’t moonlight as LA cab drivers
Miles hates waiting…but luckily speaks Spanglish so we’re all good
If you have any other tips lemme know – I’ll add them to the list.
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases