We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Monkey Miles is also a Senior Advisor to Bilt Rewards Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
I still think about Etihad’s Business Studio. A lot. Probs too much. I miss her.
Do I have a problem? Am I not over the night I spent with Etihad where she swaddled me in her 787 Dreamliner Business Studio luxuries? She’s a beautiful, exotic, pampering princess of opulence that leaves a trail of passengers longing for her company. It’s no wonder I’m still obsessed. Let’s take a trip down memory lane.
*Warning: you may fall under her spell as well.
Here are just 7 of the reasons I’m still swooning a year later
- It cost me just $7 and 67,500 Aadvantage miles or
- 60,750 after the 10% discount from having the Barclay Aviator card or Citi Aadvantage Platinum
- You enter from the Lounge…could it get any better? No ploebs, please. 😉
- The Etihad boarding music is Emirati bliss
- I flew backwards…which was on my bucket list
- The hard and soft product are truly exceptional. What’s better than baller…maybe Baller XL – that’s why this is Baller XXL
- After an incredible flight – you can kick it in a dope arrival’s lounge where you…
- Take a free Chauffeured Audi to your destination.
- Did I mention it cost $7 – ya…ridics.
Here’s a look at the itinerary that I flew last year.
Here’s what it would have cost to pay out of pocket: did I mention I paid $7?
1. The Etihad 787 Business Studio cost me just $7
That’s right folks – the booking fee was $7. I also got a free positioning flight to IAD from LAX as a part of the ticket. If you’re interested in seeing how to do this…check out my tutorial.
If this doesn’t make you run around your living room in glee, what will? You can do it too. In fact, the current American Award chart has this flight for 70k and $7. Check it here:
Miles was so excited he passed out for a second… I waived Champagne under his nose like smelling salts – worked like magic!
2. You enter the plane directly from the lounge – like a BOSS
That’s right, after you have enjoyed a sit down meal, or a buffet if you prefer, you then board the plane straight from the lounge. I challenge you to not brush your shoulders off, do a pimp step, and do this:
Right before you see this:
If you have heart problems…I’d recommend taking a deep breath because the cabin is just that beautiful.
3. Etihad Boarding music is Emirati bliss:
I don’t want to ruin it for you, but it’s amazing. You can listen here.
4. Yep, I flew backwards. It’s something you must do
Dave, much like Jack Nicholson, was cool enough to wear shades inside, at night – because this plane and cabin amplify your inner swag. As you can also see, he’s facing the same direction the plane is boarding. Disregard all the jealousy and envy pouring out of the faces of the econ passengers…I’d feel the same too.
5. The Hard and Soft product are Baller…nix that – Baller XXL
- Hard product refers to the things that are bolted down. Seat, IFE, bathrooms, etc.
- Soft refers to the food, the entertainment in the IFE, the Pajamas – Man, I loved the pjs.
6. After the flight you can kick it in the Arrival’s lounge for a shave
If you haven’t had enough pampering on the nearly 13 hour flight, well then, of course you can indulge more in the Arrival’s lounge. Did I mention this cost $7? Have a shower, shave, or just a refreshment – it’s all yours to enjoy.
7. Take a Chauffeur to your destination for the price of…. “on the house”
Just call ahead of time and book the chauffeur which is included on award flights! Incred.
And we were off to the Grand Hyatt Dubai – an hour away…all included!
If this is the sort of thing that you’d like to do: you can read more
- Etihad Business Studio Review
- Etihad Lounge Washington D.C.
- Etihad First/Business Class Lounge Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Pearl Business Class Review
How do you get AAdvantage miles?
Here’s a couple ways. But continue to read Monkeymiles.com as there are always new and inventive ways!
- Credit cards
- Buy them
Would you like some more help?
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 60k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel and 2x everywhere else
♥3x on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
♥3x on select streaming
♥ 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs
♥ $50 Annual Credit on hotel stays purchased via Ultimate Rewards. *New cardmembers can get this credit immediately – existing cardmembers get it after anniversary
♥ 10% Anniversary Point Bonus. Spend $10k in a year, get 1k bonus points.