We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
After arriving from Las Vegas on AA’s 757 with international configuration I met up with my buddy Dave, and he guided me to where he’d been hanging out for the afternoon: The American Airlines Flagship Lounge in Terminal D. In general, I’m a fan of AA’s flagship lounges and have enjoyed my experiences at their Chicago and Los Angeles outposts. They offer solid food, much improved ambiance, seating, and typically a decent glass of bubbly. Let’s check out my experience at the AA Flagship Lounge in Miami.
- When: November 2018
- Where: Miami
- Concourse D
- Hours: 4:30am to 10:30pm
- Qualifying flights first and business class flights on One World airlines
- One World Emerald and Sapphire on any cabin on international flight
- To clarify…any One World Sapphire/Emerald that isn’t American would have access within the US as this would be an international flight for those members.
I find the fresh and sleek entrance representative of what you’ll find inside after breezing through the doors and checking in: a refreshed lounge that competes on an international level.
The lounge was very busy when we arrived; however, due to the sheer size of the lounge we had no difficulty finding various options to sit. Ultimately we plopped down in the dining area and had a couple nibbles.
There is a large buffet style dining area with cold and hot selections. We were only in the lounge for a short amount of time, and decided to use our Priority Pass to eat at the Corona Beach House instead of picking at the food in the lounge. As you can see from the pictures, the food was heavily picked over, and we didn’t really have enough time to wait to see if they replenished quickly. Plus, I wanted to review the Corona House and they serve Impossible burgers, which I love.
More seating, spirits, and Flagship First
Heading on around the dining room you’ll find the entrance to the Flagship First Dining area. A small, exclusive area where only passengers flying in AA First Class can dine ( or Concierge Keys ). Apparently they’re serving Krug, and from other reviews, the food is quite good and served restaurant style from a menu.
Since Dave and I were headed off on a fun buddy trip I grabbed the Besserat, poured a couple glasses, and we cheersed to a great trip ahead.
The showers weren’t available while I was there, but this is a picture from the LA Flagship lounge, and should give you an idea of what the Miami showers would look like: very nice, updated, and modern
The American Airlines Flagship Lounge Miami is a bright, fresh lounge with quality food, wine/bev, and I look forward to visiting in the future.
South America 2018: Buenos Aires, Uruguayan Wine Country, Iguazu Falls, and Rio
- Planning a Two Week trip to South America with points and miles
- American Express Centurion Lounge Las Vegas
- American Airlines Business Class 757 Las Vegas to Miami
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge Miami
- Corona Beach House, Priority Pass Restaurant
- American Airlines Business Class 777-200 Miami to Buenos Aires
- Planning a weekend trip to Buenos Aires
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- How to get from Buenos Aires to Colonia via Ferry
- Buquebus Buenos Aires to Uruguay
- Carmelo Resort, A Hyatt Unbound Collection
- Wine Tasting in Uruguay
- How we problem solved a passport stamp issue in Uruguay
- Colonia Express Uruguay to Buenos Aires
- Intercontinental Buenos Aires
- Andes Lineas Aereas Economy Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- Iguazu Grand Iguazu Falls
- Guide to visiting Iguazu Falls in just one day
- GOL Economy Iguazu Falls to Rio
- JW Marriott Rio, Copacabana
- Planning a weekend trip to Rio
- Azul Economy Rio to São Paulo
- Bleriot Priority Pass Restaurant São Paulo
- Star Alliance Lounge São Paulo GRU
- United Polaris Business Class São Paulo to Chicago
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike because it earns unlimited 1.5x Ultimate Rewards with no annual fee.
♥ Earn 20k Bonus Points or $200 after $500 Spend in 3 months
♥5x on travel purchased via Chase Travel
♥3x on dining and drugstores
♥1.5x on all purchases, unlimited