We may receive a commission when you use our links. Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. We appreciate you using our links!!!
A full bodied experience at Narbona Wine Lodge.
Prior to arriving at the Carmelo Resort and Spa, I had done some research into the area and was immediately intrigued with the Narbona Wine Lodge. A few days before arrival I reached out to the hotel and requested transport from Colonia, a dinner at Narbona the night of our arrival, and a wine tasting the next day in the afternoon. I loved the aesthetic of the Narbona Wine Lodge and thought it would be great to venture away from the Carmelo Resort and experience one of the best wineries in the area.
What is Narbona?
Narbona is a Relais and Chateau property featuring a winery, farm, and restaurant with 5 unique suites on site, and venues for both public and private events. It’s a gorgeous property set amidst the Uruguayan countryside and roughly 15 minutes from the Carmelo Resort and Spa.
- When: November 2018
- Where: Narbona Wine Lodge, Carmelo, Uruguay
- Price: Wine tasting and tours are $40
- 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30pm
- Lunch and Dinner can be added
- Hotel transportation:
- Free between
- 12:15 and 4pm
- 7:15pm and Midnight
- Free between
We had an English tour with another couple from Uruguay that lasted roughly an hour. It started at the restaurant, featured the old winery, included walking through the various stages of their contemporary wine making process, and culminated with a 3 full bottle wine and cheese tasting. The property is absolutely enchanting and oozes romance, history, and passion.
Narbona has a fully operational farm that produces a wide range of dairy products, including the cheese paired with each wine served.
Narbona prides itself on featuring a farm to table menu curated to pair with its wine list. Personally I found the wine/cheese of better quality than the food, but then again I don’t eat meat and its very heavily designed to feature the local beef. The prices are unbeatable especially when compared to the Resort which is probably 2x+ the cost per item.
I would highly recommend the Narbona Wine Lodge for tasting and dining, but even more so, I’d be very tempted to stay on property if I were to return to the region. Prices aren’t crazy and the charm of the property is inspirational. The Carmelo Resort and Spa is gorgeous and is an incredible place to stay nearby, but there’s something about being immersed in passion that is irreplaceable and that passion is felt throughout Narbona.
South America 2018: Buenos Aires, Uruguayan Wine Country, Iguazu Falls, and Rio
- Planning a Two Week trip to South America with points and miles
- American Express Centurion Lounge Las Vegas
- American Airlines Business Class 757 Las Vegas to Miami
- American Airlines Flagship Lounge Miami
- Corona Beach House, Priority Pass Restaurant
- American Airlines Business Class 777-200 Miami to Buenos Aires
- Planning a weekend trip to Buenos Aires
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- How to get from Buenos Aires to Colonia via Ferry
- Buquebus Buenos Aires to Uruguay
- Carmelo Resort, A Hyatt Unbound Collection
- Wine Tasting in Uruguay
- How we problem solved a passport stamp issue in Uruguay
- Colonia Express Uruguay to Buenos Aires
- Intercontinental Buenos Aires
- Andes Lineas Aereas Economy Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- Iguazu Grand Iguazu Falls
- Guide to visiting Iguazu Falls in just one day
- GOL Economy Iguazu Falls to Rio
- JW Marriott Rio, Copacabana
- Planning a weekend trip to Rio
- Azul Economy Rio to São Paulo
- Bleriot Priority Pass Restaurant São Paulo
- Star Alliance Lounge São Paulo GRU
- United Polaris Business Class São Paulo to Chicago
Monkey Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Monkey Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers
A Monkey Miles favorite for beginners and point pros alike – a staple of our wallet that earns Premium transferrable Ultimate Rewards. $95 annual fee
♥ Earn 80k Bonus Points after $4k Spend in 3 months + $50 grocery credit
♥Points are transferrable to over dozen partners, or redeemable for 1.25c in Chase travel
♥2x on travel
♥2x on dining
♥1x on all purchases